British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Edinburgh v Glasgow - Friday/Saturday - 15/16 October

Could 2021 be the year of the borough/burgh boys    Peterborough Premiership   Edinburgh Championship 

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Ah yes i knew that actually. He's been decent round Armadale but the rest need to up their game. Wells is a complete enigma sometimes. 

Need to go through the card based on tonight's performance lol. Hope we can keep hold of Tom he's going places that lad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Could 2021 be the year of the borough/burgh boys    Peterborough Premiership   Edinburgh Championship 

I'd rather it was the year of the 'P' teams lol.

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Need to go through the card based on tonight's performance lol. Hope we can keep hold of Tom he's going places that lad

Though you bought Tom from Eastbourne.?

Was always going to be tight give the inconsistency of the Tigers all season,doesn’t seem to be any excuses though.Well done to Monarchs.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Was always going to be tight give the inconsistency of the Tigers all season,doesn’t seem to be any excuses though.Well done to Monarchs.

Yeah being assets means nothing nowadays. 

Nope no excuses had 3 riders do ok and 4 look like never slid a bike before

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

On a full transfer thought it was from the BSPL or whatever there called today rather than Eastbourne.

But you are correct on a full transfer from someone.

Maybe eyeing young Leon up tomorrow as well youth is the way to go. ;)

Edited by Gazc
  • Confused 1

Just back home from Armadale , no issues no excuses the best team won tonight , well done monarchs, what I will say is a section of monarch fans let there club down badly tonight , booing riders before they even raced , disgusting language from some of them when we where leaving , even when we we’re applauding the monarch riders on there victory lap , I will be back tomorrow night to support my team and I will be giving back verbals to those who choose to have a go as I did tonight , as I won’t see them at Ashfield !!!!!   Says it all really , disgusting section of so called fans !!!! Shame on you .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just back home from Armadale , no issues no excuses the best team won tonight , well done monarchs, what I will say is a section of monarch fans let there club down badly tonight , booing riders before they even raced , disgusting language from some of them when we where leaving , even when we we’re applauding the monarch riders on there victory lap , I will be back tomorrow night to support my team and I will be giving back verbals to those who choose to have a go as I did tonight , as I won’t see them at Ashfield !!!!!   Says it all really , disgusting section of so called fans !!!! Shame on you .

Not the first time it’s happened through there if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes I wouldn’t have believed it.

Thankfully most Monarchs I have met are not like those you describe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

On a full transfer thought it was from the BSPL or whatever there called today rather than Eastbourne.

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Can’t believe how poorly Wells has been all season,think he was meant to be Main back up for Cook,if it hadn’t been for Ulrich you would not have even got this far.The rest are still learning IMO.

4 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Had an element of their support like that for years. Tried to intimidate me n my old man cause we stood on the back straight not with rest of us "weigy scum". This was when I was probably 16/17. Real classy. As Gaz says very many who are not in that bracket and decent folk

Yeah, I was surprised at the home crowd on turns 3/4 booing before anything had started. I've never seen that at any other track.

I don't plan to go tomorrow. Nothing to do with tonight's performance. It just didn't seem like a great racetrack.

Maybe I'm weird, but I can't get massively tribal. I'm just a hedonist who wants to be entertained. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Ashfield.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Not the first time it’s happened through there if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes I wouldn’t have believed it.

Thankfully most Monarchs I have met are not like those you describe.

Yeah it’s a pity really , met some nice monarch fans tonight standing beside us on the 3rd bend , even they we’re apologising for that sections behaviour , disgusting really , as I said I will be back tomorrow and I have no problems with the vast majority of the monarch fans just those brain dead idiots who don’t know how to behave !!!!!

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Can’t believe how poorly Wells has been all season,think he was meant to be Main back up for Cook,if it hadn’t been for Ulrich you would not have even got this far.The rest are still learning IMO.

Can’t believe he still had a race jacket after the transfer deadline.

Main reason I guess is there was nobody better on his average.

We got lucky with young Tom though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

We’ll done to Edinburgh thoroughly deserved, it is pretty worrying how p*ss we actually were tonight.

But we can have no complaints well beaten by the better team on the night.

Can we be as bad again tomorrow night probably without our best rider tonight in young Tom.

Serious questions about the mentality of this team it’s time for them to step up tomorrow and keep it close.

Only positive you can take is that Edinburgh may solve the problem of us fitting meetings in by 9.30 tomorrow night.

Wouldn’t write the Tigers off. If anyone can galvanise them it is Cookie. Both teams need to regroup. Can’t imagine Wells riding as poorly again. Brennan will be a miss. Very impressive tonight.

Edinburgh? We need to come back off cloud nine and try and take a good lead to Ashfield.

Weather forecast doesn’t look too great for tomorrow .

4 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Yeah, I was surprised at the home crowd on turns 3/4 booing before anything had started. I've never seen that at any other track.

I don't plan to go tomorrow. Nothing to do with tonight's performance. It just didn't seem like a great racetrack.

Maybe I'm weird, but I can't get massively tribal. I'm just a hedonist who wants to be entertained. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Ashfield.

95% passes are mistakes and home rider going up inside on bend 2 or 4. What stopped me going, I like my racing full throttle