British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Edinburgh v Glasgow - Friday/Saturday - 15/16 October

2 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Yeah it’s a pity really , met some nice monarch fans tonight standing beside us on the 3rd bend , even they we’re apologising for that sections behaviour , disgusting really , as I said I will be back tomorrow and I have no problems with the vast majority of the monarch fans just those brain dead idiots who don’t know how to behave !!!!!

Hope it didn’t ruin your night as I say I had it at the play off final a few years ago through there.

There not so big when you give them it back all mouth and not a lot after that , but as I say the real Monarch fans I know are all good people.

• Like 1

I wasn't there tonight nor bought the stream so can't comment on the performance of individual riders but I always take the view you win as a team and lose as a team. Can't help wonder whether our enforced wait didn't help us. Firstly if the quarter final had been completed when it should we wouldn't have been up against kemp, Rowe and Edwards. Also our guys were possibly not as sharp as they had been due to lack of racing. I watched the monarchs official updates, BSF updates and comments on the supporters Facebook page and was amazed at how the same incident was reported differently. I always thought things would be tight and wonder if Broc being excluded at Ashfield resulting in a 4-2, and possibly a 5-1 if he'd been patient, turning into a 3-3 was a key moment. Now do we hope that the team now know what to expect and get there set ups sorted tomorrow or do we hope the weather does us a favour? 

37 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Need to go through the card based on tonight's performance lol. Hope we can keep hold of Tom he's going places that lad

So impressed with Brennan at Peterborough and tonight.

• Like 1

I'd like to know why we implode at this time every season? Is there too much pressure? Not enough pressure? Too many years just to be coincidence now

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Not the first time it’s happened through there if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes I wouldn’t have believed it.

Thankfully most Monarchs I have met are not like those you describe.

Yip . Good and bad in every support.

20 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just back home from Armadale , no issues no excuses the best team won tonight , well done monarchs, what I will say is a section of monarch fans let there club down badly tonight , booing riders before they even raced , disgusting language from some of them when we where leaving , even when we we’re applauding the monarch riders on there victory lap , I will be back tomorrow night to support my team and I will be giving back verbals to those who choose to have a go as I did tonight , as I won’t see them at Ashfield !!!!!   Says it all really , disgusting section of so called fans !!!! Shame on you .

Nothing wrong with a bit of pantomime villain booing, aimed at ex monarchs. You’re skipper even came and joined the people who I’m assuming this is aimed at for beer in the bar after. 
However every club has the odd idiot seen plenty at Ashfield down the years and many other tracks down the UK.  

Anyway onto the meeting. Absolute joy to watch them implode on track again. Same again tomorrow please. 

Cant ask for much better a last heat decider.  

I tend to avoid all the Monarchs v Glagow matches now (as I did tonight)  Had bad experiences at both tracks from so called fans , don't mind the pantomime stuff too much but some people take it far to seriously (as with most sports and just don't understand it).  

Hopefully similar edge if the sofa stuff in the next couple fixtures.  :t:

Just now, Jaizer said:

I'd like to know why we implode at this time every season? Is there too much pressure? Not enough pressure? Too many years just to be coincidence now

When the chips are down you need character and bottle. Glasgow often assemble a decent team but i wouldn't want to depend on guys like Wells in a must win heat. I always thought the same about Riss and Wolbert to an extent too. Riders like Cook, Masters and Worrall are just class in pressure situations at this level - they have a cool head when it matters and know what is needed. 

Can't say i have witnessed the poor behaviour described but not doubting it. A bit of booze and pack mentality is a bad mix for some.

I do think there is a place for some light-hearted booing though. I used to love booing James Grieves almost as much as he enjoyed being booed i think!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

When the chips are down you need character and bottle. Glasgow often assemble a decent team but i wouldn't want to depend on guys like Wells in a must win heat. I always thought the same about Riss and Wolbert to an extent too. Riders like Cook, Masters and Worrall are just class in pressure situations at this level - they have a cool head when it matters and know what is needed. 

Had Lawson, summers, worrall, Harris, Barker, vissing, razza... Always the same thing. Just seems weird happens every season

Just now, Jaizer said:

Had Lawson, summers, worrall, Harris, Barker, vissing, razza... Always the same thing. Just seems weird happens every season

You probably need a better team manager......

• Like 1

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Nail on the head.

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Absolutely no doubting that. Chocolate fireguard, ashtray on a motorbike or any other equivalent come to mind!!

And  going by our manager’s comments on the website he just doesn’t get it.

To be fair though he does tell some home truths too little too late though.