British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, eric i said:

Can you explain to me?

If a Brit doesn`t qualify in any of the 4 qualifiers then 1 will get a WC in Glasgow.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Can you explain to me?

Top 4 from each qualifier go to the final

However, if a rider in the current GP series finishes in the GP top six he then qualifies for next years GP series. His qualifying Challange position is therefore up for grabs and the organisers nominate a rider.

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

Top 4 from each qualifier go to the final

However, if a rider in the current GP series finishes in the GP top six he then qualifies for next years GP series. His qualifying Challange position is therefore up for grabs and the organisers nominate a rider.

That wasn`t what he wanted to know :)

6 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Dany Gappmaier told me that he would love to return to the UK. He wants to continue racing in the league there, and said that he never intended to stop racing in the UK, but was forced to due to BREXIT as he now needs a work permit, which he seemingly has trouble to qualify for.  

Do you need to be National champion etc to qualify ? And is there an Austrian Championship or even an Austrian meeting at all nowadays ? Or what is it from stopping him getting a permit ? 

Tbh i am struggling to see how some of these Aussies are getting permits. Keynan Rew, Liam May etc seem to have been around a while and are still very weak

Edited by iris123

24 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Do you need to be National champion etc to qualify ? And is there an Austrian Championship or even an Austrian meeting at all nowadays ? Or what is it from stopping him getting a permit ? 

Tbh i am struggling to see how some of these Aussies are getting permits. Keynan Rew, Liam May etc seem to have been around a while and are still very weak

I did not ask him what exactly was teh problem for him to get a UK work permit. Perhaps there was just no other club interested to sign him this year, after he was left out at Berwick, I don't know.

There is of course no longer an Austrian championship, with only Gappmaier and junior rider Seb Kössler as the only remaining Austrian speedway riders. Dany told me that he intends to keep on riding speedway fro many more years, but jokingly said it would be time to retire for him as soon as he gets beaten by an other Austrian. Not not much danger of that to happen anytime soon. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Debrecen result

1 J Holder

2 Wozniak

3 Lebedevs

4th Tungate ARO

5th MJJ(res) ARO

Jack Holder far from being my favourite rider, but we’ll done to him, 15 max is impressive.

26 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Jack Holder far from being my favourite rider, but we’ll done to him, 15 max is impressive.

Agree- impressive.

Going back to this answer of yours earlier

" Top 4 from each qualifier go to the final

However, if a rider in the current GP series finishes in the GP top six he then qualifies for next years GP series. His qualifying Challange position is therefore up for grabs and the organisers nominate a rider."

I think you are including separate points.

I was clarifying that we have 4 qualifiers with the top 4 from each going forward to the GP challenge in August in Glasgow- however i stated that if a Brit doesn`t get through to the Challenge from the qualifiers then we are allowed a WC and one 4th finisher will miss out( 1 qualifying meeting  is designated for this occurance).

Your last bit is incorrect- if a rider finishes in the GP series top 6 and finishes in the top 3 of the challenge then the next rider in the Challenge final is promoted to the series. as the challenge final is in August we will not know about possible extra Challenge riders making the GP until October.

Edited by racers and royals

Was Dudek still suffering from battered balls ??? 

FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship – Qualifying round 11th June 2022 – Nagyhalasz (HUN) 

1 Vaclav Milik ACCR Czech Republic

2 Patrick Hansen DMU Denmark

3 Fernando Garcia CAMOD Argentina

4 Lukas Fienhage DMSB Germany

5 Dennis Fazekas MAMS Hungary

6 Cristian Zubillaga CAMOD Argentina

7 Nick Skorja AMZS Slovenia

8 Paco Castagna FMI Italy

9 Márk Bárány MAMS Hungary

10 Dominik Kubera PZM Poland

11 Marko Levishyn FMU Ukraine

12 David Bellego FFM France

13 Oliver Berntzon SVEMO Sweden

14 Jevgenijs Kostigovs LaMSF Latvia

15 Brady Kurtz MA Australia

16 Chris Harris ACU Great Britain

17 Richárd Füzesi MAMS Hungary

54 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship – Qualifying round 11th June 2022 – Nagyhalasz (HUN) 

1 Vaclav Milik ACCR Czech Republic

2 Patrick Hansen DMU Denmark

3 Fernando Garcia CAMOD Argentina

4 Lukas Fienhage DMSB Germany

5 Dennis Fazekas MAMS Hungary

6 Cristian Zubillaga CAMOD Argentina

7 Nick Skorja AMZS Slovenia

8 Paco Castagna FMI Italy

9 Márk Bárány MAMS Hungary

10 Dominik Kubera PZM Poland

11 Marko Levishyn FMU Ukraine

12 David Bellego FFM France

13 Oliver Berntzon SVEMO Sweden

14 Jevgenijs Kostigovs LaMSF Latvia

15 Brady Kurtz MA Australia

16 Chris Harris ACU Great Britain

17 Richárd Füzesi MAMS Hungary

a lot of also-ran here but even so Harris will need to be on top form to make top 4.

2 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

a lot of also-ran here but even so Harris will need to be on top form to make top 4.

Indeed half the field cannot get in top 4- 3-9 inclusive and 11