Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Seemed like a healthy crowd to me - I hope Glasgow Speedway made some money as their facilities and organisation were excellent.

Why do members of this forum feel such a need to talk the sport down? 

The track, the fence, the delays, the coverage, the crowd, the time of the races, the format, the winner of the meeting for god's sake - all been panned in the preceding 40 pages, much by the keyboard experts who sat and watched a stream. 

How about taking the positives and advocating this great sport. I count myself lucky to have seen that meeting on my first visit to Glasgow and also thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to Edinburgh the previous night. Both clubs seem well run with good tracks and consequently well supported - isn't that what we all want?

Sometimes it seems that the forum members hate the sport and look forward to it's total demise just to say 'I knew that would happen' - c'mon try loving the sport as it is!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jimmy jimmy said:

I was surprised at the crowd size, the PC Memorial at BV got 1,000 more than that. With Bewley and Lambert et al would have expected more, but I don’t know what the capacity at Glasgow is? 

There was a national train strike, I'm sure that had an effect on the attendance.

Plus there was a stream available, why travel hundreds of miles when you can watch from home? Took me a day to recover from going to Redcar on Sunday and I wasn't even driving!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glenantony said:

Seemed like a healthy crowd to me - I hope Glasgow Speedway made some money as their facilities and organisation were excellent.

Why do members of this forum feel such a need to talk the sport down? 

The track, the fence, the delays, the coverage, the crowd, the time of the races, the format, the winner of the meeting for god's sake - all been panned in the preceding 40 pages, much by the keyboard experts who sat and watched a stream. 

How about taking the positives and advocating this great sport. I count myself lucky to have seen that meeting on my first visit to Glasgow and also thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to Edinburgh the previous night. Both clubs seem well run with good tracks and consequently well supported - isn't that what we all want?

Sometimes it seems that the forum members hate the sport and look forward to it's total demise just to say 'I knew that would happen' - c'mon try loving the sport as it is!

Here here! I was there too, my first visit to Glasgow. Good enthusiastic crowd, good organisation (entry, stewards etc) and lots of exciting racing, thrills and spills. Unfortunate that riders were injured and this was the only downside. 

Loved the way you could stroll right into the pits before the meeting and be up close with the riders. How many other tracks allow you to do that?

Well done Glasgow!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tinker said:

Here here! I was there too, my first visit to Glasgow. Good enthusiastic crowd, good organisation (entry, stewards etc) and lots of exciting racing, thrills and spills. Unfortunate that riders were injured and this was the only downside. 

Loved the way you could stroll right into the pits before the meeting and be up close with the riders. How many other tracks allow you to do that?

Well done Glasgow!

Spot on.  My first visit there too.  Fair hike up from Halifax.  Stayed in Glasgow Friday and Saturday and had a great time.  Enjoyed talking to the locals at the track and hope to visit again.  Hope Anders and Chris recover quickly. :t:

1 hour ago, Shockster said:

Spot on.  My first visit there too.  Fair hike up from Halifax.  Stayed in Glasgow Friday and Saturday and had a great time.  Enjoyed talking to the locals at the track and hope to visit again.  Hope Anders and Chris recover quickly. :t:

And the big Red bus ;)

3 hours ago, Shockster said:

We travelled up from Halifax as well and like you, stayed over in Glasgow on Friday and Saturday. Decided to get the train up which was great as we travelled via the picturesque Settle to Carlisle route. A very enjoyable weekend. 

Had a quick look at the betting beforehand and Kim Nilsson was the rank outsider at 125/1!

• Like 1