British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Pop up advertising on this site.

On 10/14/2021 at 8:28 AM, racers and royals said:

Think it’s about Phil trying to make a living. If that’s what’s needed we might just have to put up with it.

Maybe not the owner of the forum making a living, more like helping with the cost of running a forum. I don’t think they come free of costs, so a bit of income from adverts  helps keep the forum running. I think it’s a case of adverts occasionally or each member of the forum make a financial contribution. 
Maybe a referendum is needed to sort adverts v contribution. A simple majority decides, no discussions for the next 20 years. :)

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Haha 1

I don't get any ads while using VPN

On 10/14/2021 at 9:27 AM, Dave Jones said:

Can I suggest for those who don't have it that they try A B P( Adblock plus),

When i log into the BSF i get a notification that it is blocking 2 ads , & when i open this topic it moves to 3 blocked .

Seems to work fine for me.

Also works a treat on youtube as well as other websites!

3 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

Also works a treat on youtube as well as other websites!

I 've used it for years now, & once it's installed it works on all websites there's a counter that will show how many ads have been blocked. Also it's completely free , what's not to like about it ?:D

• Like 2