British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

Well that was embarrassing ....... well done Glasgow. Cookie was majestic, especially that overtake in ht 15

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Endeavour said:

All about opinions Gazc. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong.

bit like this forum.

Cookie back to his sublime best majestic from heat 1 onwards.

22 point  lead to protect a high scoring reserve would be nice cheers Marcin .

Edited by Gazc

Still don't believe it, great result and great performance from all seven tigers. Special mention for the track staff who managed to produce two raceable surfaces over the last two nights despite the weather. Still worried about tomorrow and just hope Marcin's engine failure in heat 14 isn't costly. 

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

2018 Monarchs  59 Comets 31 return leg Comets 61 Monarchs 29......just saying :neutral:

We know and we know exactly what the Monarchs are capable of at Armadale . So taking nothing for granted 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

We know and we know exactly what the Monarchs are capable of at Armadale . So taking nothing for granted 

If cookie & wells are on top of there game I'm confident the rest of the side can get at least 15 to 18 points between them 

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

If cookie & wells are on top of there game I'm confident the rest of the side can get at least 15 to 18 points between them 

& That should be at least 40 points fingers crossed

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Yea don't write anyone off, come on monarchs  be like the comets and make H18TORY :party:

I honestly don't get this H18STORY. Normal people use 8 as a B not an S, so it should be H15TORY.:party:

6 hours ago, tyretrax said:

I honestly don't get this H18STORY. Normal people use 8 as a B not an S, so it should be H15TORY.:party:

I thought it meant "hates tory' due to the lack of jobs in nw England etc and wondered whats that got to do with speedway :drink:

Sounds a bit reactionary but that score last night isn’t going to do Worrall any favours if he fancies staying at the Monarchs next season. I still think we’ll have to lose one of the heat leaders and think it’ll be him who misses out. 

5 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Sounds a bit reactionary but that score last night isn’t going to do Worrall any favours if he fancies staying at the Monarchs next season. I still think we’ll have to lose one of the heat leaders and think it’ll be him who misses out. 

Think all going to come down to the points limit. If what's been discuss elsewhere comes to pass, having a masters or cook in your team going to lead to a very long tail

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Still don't believe it, great result and great performance from all seven tigers. Special mention for the track staff who managed to produce two raceable surfaces over the last two nights despite the weather. Still worried about tomorrow and just hope Marcin's engine failure in heat 14 isn't costly. 

Marcins got his cut out caught on his neck brace so thankfully everything’s ok 

• Confused 1

I think Glasgow will go through to the play off final and not collapse at Edinburgh , wish I had stayed another night at Glasgow to watch the meeting last night.

Seems like Cookie is back on top form , not assuming anything but the Tigers would need a good team performance down at Poole to shay in the tie. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Don't know if that's a wind up, but I thought it was obvious the 18 was because it happened in 2018!

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I thought it meant "hates tory' due to the lack of jobs in nw England etc and wondered whats that got to do with speedway :drink:

That would be ironic as Workington currently have a Tory MP :rofl:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paulco said:

Not with Cookie back to his old self. After Armadale last week said you were still favourites for league play offs. Thought we would have scored bit more last night but taken apart. Beat fair and square.

26 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Not with Cookie back to his old self. After Armadale last week said you were still favourites for league play offs. Thought we would have scored bit more last night but taken apart. Beat fair and square.

Thing is, Cookie is clearly not well and he is our talisman. When he goes out and wins heat one passing the oppositions number 1 it seems to galvanise the rest of the team. Just hope he's taking it easy with a few lemsips to ward off the dreaded lurgie.