British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

16 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Very good all round team performance from Glasgow. The whole team looked like they could pass from the back and Cookie looked like he could have gone off 15m every race and still got a max. But I think the main reason the tie is now a virtual formality was Broc Nicol - after a first race last, and with Glasgow just 2 up after 5 heats, he was involved in 3 5-1's over the next 5 heats to completely knock the stuffing out of the Monarchs. No lack of effort from the Edinburgh riders but beaten by the better team on the night.

Still think the Monarchs have a slight chance tonight but feel the Tigers won't let them get away from them and there'll only be 4 or 6 points in it at the end. If Cameron Heeps is in anything like his usual Armadale form then there's no chance of getting anywhere near the 22 points required.

Thought we were holding our own first five heats. Thought to myself hope Kye’s fall and 2 point swing doesn’t affect outcome little thinking it would be a whopping 22.

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

Marcins got his cut out caught on his neck brace so thankfully everything’s ok 

I meant Marcin's bike failure probably cost us a point and it could be crucial this evening. 

• Like 1

I know Edinburgh have a pretty substantial home track advantage, but to me it would be unbelievable for any play off team not to be able to defend 22 points really. Only hope for Edinburgh is some successive 5/1's early on otherwise Glasgow should be able to control the gap.

36 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I know Edinburgh have a pretty substantial home track advantage, but to me it would be unbelievable for any play off team not to be able to defend 22 points really. Only hope for Edinburgh is some successive 5/1's early on otherwise Glasgow should be able to control the gap.

Unless we somehow start with four 5-1s in the row we’re toast 

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

I meant Marcin's bike failure probably cost us a point and it could be crucial this evening. 

You are strong at home. When Ricky got excluded it made no difference as Marcin came in and won the race. 

If Glasgow get through to the final hopefully the weather will improve as only just over a week to complete the fixtures.

58 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Edinburgh should've given us a walkover so could hold first leg tonight :P

Would Glasgow have subsidised  Edinburgh the loss of revenue?

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

I know Edinburgh have a pretty substantial home track advantage

3 draws and 2 defeats at sunny Armadale this season. Only 5 wins as well, the equal lowest in the League.

What exactly is this "substantial home track advantage" you speak of?

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

It wasn't a bike failure, he pulled his cut-out out making a start. 

It shouldn't make any difference to the result tonight.

6 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

3 draws and 2 defeats at sunny Armadale this season. Only 5 wins as well, the equal lowest in the League.

What exactly is this "substantial home track advantage" you speak of?

Don't know now,  Glasgow through then.

19 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Would Glasgow have subsidised  Edinburgh the loss of revenue?

Jesus Christ it was a joke. Away n get sense of humour transplant lol

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Sorry didn't understand the northern humour, being a former Eastbourne fan and everyone banging on about our trick track and home advantage I thought it was the same with Edinburgh. I'll retreat back nearer home now.

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Always put a wee smiley after posting if it’s tongue in cheek.

If not you have the self righteous Police on telling you this or that when in all likelihood they haven’t a clue themselves.

Just ask Dick he’s always commenting on tongue in cheek post’s.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Always put a wee smiley after posting if it’s tongue in cheek.

If not you have the self righteous Police on telling you this or that when in all likelihood they haven’t a clue themselves.

Just ask Dick he’s always commenting on tongue in cheek post’s.

The lol wasn't sufficient? Tough school

Anyway. Mon the stripes