British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

41 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Don't know if that's a wind up, but I thought it was obvious the 18 was because it happened in 2018!

That would be ironic as Workington currently have a Tory MP :rofl:

That explains everything. Clearly it's the Sellafield 'effect' :approve:

10 hours ago, Paulco said:

We know and we know exactly what the Monarchs are capable of at Armadale . So taking nothing for granted 

I think the fat lady has sung her song and thrown in an encore this time Paulco

7 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I think the fat lady has sung her song and thrown in an encore this time Paulco

Got the flowers too.

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Sounds a bit reactionary but that score last night isn’t going to do Worrall any favours if he fancies staying at the Monarchs next season. I still think we’ll have to lose one of the heat leaders and think it’ll be him who misses out. 

Think most Monarch fans would reckon the same, even without last nights score.

Don’t know what it is with slick tracks but for some unknown reason we can’t ride them or find set ups for them. 
well done to the tigers last night track suited them down to a tee last night and took full advantage. 
Makes the 2nd leg tonight a bit boring as 22 points even with the Pole don’t think we’d have a chance.

27 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t know what it is with slick tracks but for some unknown reason we can’t ride them or find set ups for them. 
well done to the tigers last night track suited them down to a tee last night and took full advantage. 
Makes the 2nd leg tonight a bit boring as 22 points even with the Pole don’t think we’d have a chance.

Tend to agree. Tigers dialled in last night. Practiced in afternoon so they were well prepared. Job done. Still feel Poole will be too strong for Glasgow in league and us in the Cup. 

3 hours ago, Marksman said:

Don't know if that's a wind up, but I thought it was obvious the 18 was because it happened in 2018!

That would be ironic as Workington currently have a Tory MP :rofl:

Not a wind up, an 8 doesn't look like an S.

26 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Tend to agree. Tigers dialled in last night. Practiced in afternoon so they were well prepared. Job done. Still feel Poole will be too strong for Glasgow in league and us in the Cup. 

Assuming nothing untoward occurs I think Poole will comfortably do the double.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Depends how you adapt to a slicker Ashfield. Our boys didn’t adapt

Edited by Endeavour
Amendment

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It's an interesting one, 52-38 at ashfield back in June. Schlein injured in heat 1, IRR got 5 including a last from king. Not always Rory's favourite track so don't know if see much more than that. Cook was class at reserve Hume really only beat Smith, different now both in main body. Basso I'd imagine have no issues as a racer on a racers track. Wells also in better form and stronger for Brennan, Bailey and nowak. 

Beaten fairly convincingly down at Poole running nl guest instead of Marcin, cookie not in form at the time, Sam and Connor improved as night went on, know the track now. Poole definitely favourites but could be closer than people think IF, we manage to get 35 at armadale tonight

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tyretrax said:

I honestly don't get this H18STORY. Normal people use 8 as a B not an S, so it should be H15TORY.:party:

it looks like you have sussed it out after all this time . its just the same as txt talk with one eye closed .

may as well add to the thread with a downer for Glasgow and an upper for Edinburgh . wucky cornets done both Scottish teams in the H18tory year and came back to win a few tother hings and i h0n38tly think Edinburgh can win this with their trick track as the 8th team member . 

good luck to both teams and riders .

its yours to lose Glasgow 

it was 2018 ,not 2015 , hope that helps you out  but i get what ur saying .

1s 1t 8e1ng 8tream3d ?

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Depends how you adapt to a slicker Ashfield. Our boys didn’t adapt

Bagpuss is a KL fan. 

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

That explains everything. Clearly it's the Sellafield 'effect' :approve:

or the Chernobyl effect when Scotland got most of their 3h17 radiation when it went tots up .l 

Very good all round team performance from Glasgow. The whole team looked like they could pass from the back and Cookie looked like he could have gone off 15m every race and still got a max. But I think the main reason the tie is now a virtual formality was Broc Nicol - after a first race last, and with Glasgow just 2 up after 5 heats, he was involved in 3 5-1's over the next 5 heats to completely knock the stuffing out of the Monarchs. No lack of effort from the Edinburgh riders but beaten by the better team on the night.

Still think the Monarchs have a slight chance tonight but feel the Tigers won't let them get away from them and there'll only be 4 or 6 points in it at the end. If Cameron Heeps is in anything like his usual Armadale form then there's no chance of getting anywhere near the 22 points required.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jenga said:

it looks like you have sussed it out after all this time . its just the same as txt talk with one eye closed .

may as well add to the thread with a downer for Glasgow and an upper for Edinburgh . wucky cornets done both Scottish teams in the H18tory year and came back to win a few tother hings and i h0n38tly think Edinburgh cane win this with their trick track as the 8th team member . 

good luck to both teams and riders .

its yours to lose Glasgow 

it was 2018 ,not 2015 , hope that helps you out  but i get what ur saying .

1s 1t 8e1ng 8tream3d ?

Ye8

• Thanks 1