British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I was really disputing that there was a practice session though.Maybe somebody more in the know could tell me.

“Even if they did that’s their prerogative”. The implication being that @Endeavour had an issue with that which I don’t think is the case. 

Some consolation for last night is that even if we’d kept it reasonably tight it wouldn’t have been good enough. Glasgow far too good for us over the two legs and clearly had their baws kicked for the cup debacle. 

We’re going to need 15+ lead to take to Poole to have a chance in the cup 

6 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

“Even if they did that’s their prerogative”. The implication being that @Endeavour had an issue with that which I don’t think is the case. 

Why did he bother to mention it then( does he know it took place).Iwas just saying I wasn’t so sure ( could be wrong though).Monarchs certainly put up much of show tonight.Perhaps saving it for tomorrow.;)

Edited by Fromafar

Just now, Fromafar said:

Why did he bother to mention it then( does he know it took place).Iwas just saying I wasn’t so sure ( could be wrong though)

Eh? He mentioned it I suspect because if it happened it was a smart move on the part of the Tigers and it paid off as they looked up to speed from the get go. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry but Mike Hunter has let himself down again with the post match press release. Personal opinions should not be included in these unless quotes from the team/ promotion

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Sorry but Mike Hunter has let himself down again with the post match press release. Personal opinions should not be included in these unless quotes from the team/ promotion

Agreed. Read like some bloke who has had a few pints spouting off in the bar after the meeting. For a commercial operation, does make you wonder if people read that and perhaps question how professional the approach is to the media at that particular speedway outlet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Not sure why you think that...Which part did you have an issue with?
Was it the part where he said that Ricky Wells deserved primary credit? If so, I agree...Never rated Wells and yet it seems like Mike has a bit of love for him there :P

2 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Was it the part where he said that Ricky Wells deserved primary credit? If so, I agree...Never rated Wells and yet it seems like Mike has a bit of love for him there :P

Haha remove your tongue from cheek you know exactly of what I speak :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Give the man a break. There’s nothing better than a bad loser venting his spleen on a website. 
Maybe someone should feed him a dodgy burger and then see if there’s a lax rule that allows a guest reporter for today.

• Like 1

Controlled the match from heat 2 onwards last night.  

I thoroughly enjoyed my fry up this morning washed down with a pint of Monarchs tears. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, HenryW said:

Me too Jaizer.  Which part of Mike Hunter's post match report did you have issue with?

Thought we would’ve won by more on the night not that it would’ve mattered anyway. 

Weird bunch those tigers fans, same ones who were crying about certain things being said after the result last week chanting and doing the same thing this week. Not that I have an issue with it btw. Can’t take it then don’t give it out is what I’d say to those. 

Anyone mon the pirates, just for the play offs of course. :D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Some consolation for last night is that even if we’d kept it reasonably tight it wouldn’t have been good enough. Glasgow far too good for us over the two legs and clearly had their baws kicked for the cup debacle. 

We’re going to need 15+ lead to take to Poole to have a chance in the cup 

I think the Tigers did get their arses kicked after last week's capitulation,  I know there was a lot of discussion re Cam Heeps at reserve for Marcin, however even taking his points out, Glasgow would still have gone through, puting our rivalry aside, I sincerely hope you do really well today against the Pirates , would love BOTH trophies to come to Scotland

34 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Thought we would’ve won by more on the night not that it would’ve mattered anyway. 

Weird bunch those tigers fans, same ones who were crying about certain things being said after the result last week chanting and doing the same thing this week. Not that I have an issue with it btw. Can’t take it then don’t give it out is what I’d say to those. 

Anyone mon the pirates, just for the play offs of course. :D

:t:

Let's hope there is no swearing at Poole fans from the Glasgow camp, like has been put up on twitter from one of the Edinburgh meetings apparently. 

Edit- there is a video clip from the victory parade. 

Edited by lisa-colette

22 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I think the Tigers did get their arses kicked after last week's capitulation,  I know there was a lot of discussion re Cam Heeps at reserve for Marcin, however even taking his points out, Glasgow would still have gone through, puting our rivalry aside, I sincerely hope you do really well today against the Pirates , would love BOTH trophies to come to Scotland

Thanks. Good to speak to you last night at the end. Yes I think Tigers would still have gone through whether Heeps in team or not. Would like him back at the Dale next season on a 4.95 average but could be Glasgow bound. The damage was done in first leg. After meet cancelled last Saturday said Glasgow were favourites to go through. 

• Thanks 1