British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

6 hours ago, tiger tiger said:

Just for the avoidance of doubt Marcin Novak is not “apparently” getting married on Saturday (copyright Edinburgh Speedway Official Website) he IS getting married on Saturday.  Just want to be clear on that point - and while we are at it this has been arranged for a while and not just since last Friday - yes I know it’s hard to believe that a wedding can take longer than 8 days to arrange.  

The ever professional Mr Hunter in full flow.

I dont know , the lengths some people will go to - to avoid riding at Armadale . Britain's premier erm technical track .

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mac101 said:

The league cut-off date was 26/09. Perhaps if it hadn’t taken until 12/10 to complete the quarter finals, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Shouldn’t have extended cut off at all. Same with cup. Birmingham changed our tie to a league match with Leicester with a few days notice. Should have forfeited it and Tigers and Monarchs wouldn’t be in this situation.

• Like 1

The whole situation is a result of weak governance, nothing will change until that is  sorted.

• Like 2

After last night’s abandonment, big job for the Glasgow track staff today. Hope it works out for them.

9 hours ago, tiger tiger said:

Just for the avoidance of doubt Marcin Novak is not “apparently” getting married on Saturday (copyright Edinburgh Speedway Official Website) he IS getting married on Saturday.  Just want to be clear on that point - and while we are at it this has been arranged for a while and not just since last Friday - yes I know it’s hard to believe that a wedding can take longer than 8 days to arrange.  

Surely should be a NL rider if Marcin is missing for this reason.

Does anyone know if tickets are going on sale for tonight please. Sorry if the question has been asked previously

13 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Surely should be a NL rider if Marcin is missing for this reason.

There is no such rule of a NL guest - “no facility” rule is a rider minus 25% of the missing riders average.  However a facility is granted for circumstances of that riders wedding - maybe the last being Simon Lambert. Precedent is set and thereby Glasgow applied for a facility which has been granted.  My main gripe is more to do with the “apparently” word used in the press release. Can you imagine if he wasn’t getting married and we applied to get one - then I’d expect us to be thrown out of the competition. 

Edited by tiger tiger
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Does anyone know if tickets are going on sale for tonight please. Sorry if the question has been asked previously

Cash at the gate tonight

Just now, tiger tiger said:

Cash at the gate tonight

Thanks for that, big queues then

27 minutes ago, Rob Dyer said:

After last night’s abandonment, big job for the Glasgow track staff today. Hope it works out for them.

track will be perfect sun is out and forecast is good all day will be pretty much the same as last time Edinburgh’s came through 

8 minutes ago, mac101 said:

track will be perfect sun is out and forecast is good all day will be pretty much the same as last time Edinburgh’s came through 

Yikes!!!

20 minutes ago, tiger tiger said:

There is no such rule of a NL guest - “no facility” rule is a rider minus 25% of the missing riders average.  However a facility is granted for circumstances of that riders wedding - maybe the last being Simon Lambert. Precedent is set and thereby Glasgow applied for a facility which has been granted.  My main gripe is more to do with the “apparently” word used in the press release. Can you imagine if he wasn’t getting married and we applied to get one - then I’d expect us to be thrown out of the competition. 

Thanks for rule clarification. Monarchs press release by Mike very thorough and keeping us informed.

20 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Please no!

3 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Thanks for rule clarification. Monarchs press release by Mike very thorough and keeping us informed.

Apart from apparently and suggesting Tom binned it in heat 15 last week yeah Mike likes his one liners.

• Like 1