British Speedway Forum
iainb

Peter Craven Memorial 23/10/21

Anybody seen a line up for this? I may make the trip up

No line up yet, now the grand final and son is out the way, we shoukd start hearing names. 

I've heard fricke and crump are 2 names, 

There won't be any worralls as they are riding elsewhere. 

Hopefully we can get Philip hellstrom-bangs to make an appearance after the support he got this weekend. 

I'm sure Doyle will be in it to try and retain the title. 

Bewley probably to, Chris Harris maybe 

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

No line up yet, now the grand final and son is out the way, we shoukd start hearing names. 

Hopefully we can get Philip hellstrom-bangs to make an appearance after the support he got this weekend. 

cant see Doyle wanting to come back after this weekend. if he dose good on him.

9 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Please Crumpy stay fit. Missed both of Ipswich's meetings at BV this season. Will be there whatever on Saturday, but yet to see Crumpy around the NSS.

You'd think they'd try and entice one or two of the big name Poles that are currently in the country to do this meeting, would put a few on the gate I would have thought, especially on a Saturday night.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

You'd think they'd try and entice one or two of the big name Poles that are currently in the country to do this meeting, would put a few on the gate I would have thought, especially on a Saturday night.

Would they bother unless offered £10k+? Possibly not even at that level.....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Would they bother unless offered £10k+? Possibly not even at that level.....

If they're in the country and wanted to have some fun, while getting paid for it... why not?

Think you'll see 5 of the Aces (All except the Worralls who are in the playoffs).

Crump and Fricke are in, but doubt you'll see Doyle.

Some of the SoN u-21 riders would be good especially Hellstrom-Bangs and Mads Hansen, but they've all gone home now, and I don't see them flying back.   You'll probably see the German 17-year-old Norick Blodorn as he's over here and riding Redcar on Friday.

Then mainly the Wolves, Peterborough, Sheffield riders who aren't involved in the Championship play-offs.   Palin is a must as BV should be tempting him back for 2022.

PETER CRAVEN MEMORIAL – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23 @ 7:30PM [IND]
Broc Nicol, Tom Brennan, Luke Becker, Jordan Palin, Kyle Howarth, Lewis Kerr, Max Fricke, Dan Bewley, Ryan Douglas, Nick Blödorn, Chris Harris, Jason Crump, Jye Etheridge, Brady Kurtz, Erik Riss, Charles Wright
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting they got Max there. Do you think he'll be back in the team next year? 

He wants to be back, he lives in Manchester so makes sense really. 

But Dan is on a 9+ average so depending on team limits, probably cant have both. Although I'd love both to be in the team next season 

• Like 1

Dan should win easy. Followed by max. ..then it's anyone's from kurtz, Becker, and Douglas. 

It's a 5 rider semi again I'm told and a 6 rider final. Which was epic last year. So look forward to that again. 

.the young German as had a fantastic season so looking forward to watching him. 

Gutted no Doyle to defend his crown but after last weekend he must have said sod this season. End it now. 

Was also hoping they could get Phillip bangs to ride but nevermind. 

7 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

he lives in Manchester so makes sense really. 

I don't understand how some (foreign) riders are allowed to live here when they don't actually work here, doesn't (or didn't) Chris Holder do the same?

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't understand how some (foreign) riders are allowed to live here when they don't actually work here, doesn't (or didn't) Chris Holder do the same?

He lived in Poland all year, but is now back in Manchester after the season finished. Until I assume he flies back to aus. 

Hes staying at ZG meaning he can rise in UK and Sweden next year, which gives him the opportunity to live back in Manchester Where's he's more comfortable 

• Like 1