British Speedway Forum
iainb

Peter Craven Memorial 23/10/21

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He lived in Poland all year, but is now back in Manchester after the season finished. Until I assume he flies back to aus. 

Hes staying at ZG meaning he can rise in UK and Sweden next year, which gives him the opportunity to live back in Manchester Where's he's more comfortable 

Yeah, I get that... over the last few years it's been especially difficult for some Aussies to get work permits etc. Yet some riders who don't actually "work" in this country are allowed to "reside" in this country, I just wondered what they were doing that some of the others aren't, have they got British ancestry?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah, I get that... over the last few years it's been especially difficult for some Aussies to get work permits etc. Yet some riders who don't actually "work" in this country are allowed to "reside" in this country, I just wondered what they were doing that some of the others aren't, have they got British ancestry?

I can't answer that I'm afraid 

For those in the North West, Granada Reports have a slot in their program tonight at 6-00 about Peter Craven and apparently to boost the idea of a statue of the Wizard of Balance to be erected in Liverpool.

8 hours ago, Garry1603 said:

For those in the North West, Granada Reports have a slot in their program tonight at 6-00 about Peter Craven and apparently to boost the idea of a statue of the Wizard of Balance to be erected in Liverpool.

It was a good spot as well, showed Peter riding at Wembley when he won his first world title, and at Hyde Road BV, an interview with Peter Collins and with Peters Cravens wife, Brenda who is now 89. It was all repeated at 10pm Granada news.

Weather dry all day. No worries at all 

• Thanks 2

Not sure why he was originally added but kurtz as now withdrew Injured. 

Nick Morris replaces 

At least they got a decent replacement and not a NL rider 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

At least they got a decent replacement and not a NL rider 

Possibly Phil because the Colts are away tonight, otherwise it might have been one. With Colts at Leicester do we know who the reserve(s) are tonight?

34 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Possibly Phil because the Colts are away tonight, otherwise it might have been one. With Colts at Leicester do we know who the reserve(s) are tonight?

Yes colts are at Leicester, but still plenty of NL riders about round the North. 

I'd take a guess that there will be no reserves 

Would you know the format tonight Phil?

Is it 20 heats, top 2 scorers straight to Final and then 3rd-6th in a semi-final? Or did I read somewhere it's a 6 man final? If so, how does that work?

10 minutes ago, DazS said:

can you get seat tickets on the night.?

Yes from ticket office.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GregoryM said:

Would you know the format tonight Phil?

Is it 20 heats, top 2 scorers straight to Final and then 3rd-6th in a semi-final? Or did I read somewhere it's a 6 man final? If so, how does that work?

Top 3 to the final

Next 5 in semi with top 3 into final 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GregoryM said:

Josh auty and James Wright are reserves 

• Like 1