British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Rory Schlein Farewell Meeting

On the way down to Wolverhampton to Roo Boy’s Meeting. Fingers crossed weather wise. 
Great rider for Edinburgh and a great servant to British speedway.

Thanks Roo Boy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

On the way down to Wolverhampton to Roo Boy’s Meeting. Fingers crossed weather wise. 
Great rider for Edinburgh and a great servant to British speedway.

Thanks Roo Boy.

I wonder if he'd refuse to ride in his own farewell meeting if the track was slightly wet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

Well I'm less than a mile from the track , and its raining......................................................:unsure:

Its been raining quite heavily but is due to stop around 3-4pm according to the Met office.  They may get this on, I really hope so but its not ideal atm.

I hope Rory has a good safe meeting, and enjoys his "retirement" back in Australia. A big thank you for his time at Kings Lynn also.

I'd still be interested if somebody could explain to me how he qualified to be in the "British" Final?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bunce said:

I hope Rory has a good safe meeting, and enjoys his "retirement" back in Australia. A big thank you for his time at Kings Lynn also.

I'd still be interested if somebody could explain to me how he qualified to be in the "British" Final?

Because he is a British citizen.

Have a good one Rory. I was attending your meeting but sadly had to change my plans last week. We did a collection amongst the Emmerdales and friends and I hope you like the card that Len had made.

You and your Mum & Dad will always have a special place in our hearts. From the day you arrived in Scotland looking 12 years old, we knew you were the real deal. Thanks for the Championships, Scottish Opens and A’Ra’Best in your retirement.

Love to Lynette and Lyndon too x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gr8scot said:

Have a good one Rory. I was attending your meeting but sadly had to change my plans last week. We did a collection amongst the Emmerdales and friends and I hope you like the card that Len had made.

You and your Mum & Dad will always have a special place in our hearts. From the day you arrived in Scotland looking 12 years old, we knew you were the real deal. Thanks for the Championships, Scottish Opens and A’Ra’Best in your retirement.

Love to Lynette and Lyndon too x

Yes to all of the above.

What a great night for our Roo Boy. Hope Luke Becker is okay. Well done to winner Danny King and all the riders who supported Rory.

I am sure all the blue and gold wish you a happy retirement back in Australia after your Poole matches are over.

despite the weather the track held up pretty well, race times around 58sec, so not too much slower.

Becker was the stand out rider for me, unlucky in the final, 

Good luck Rory in your 'retirement'