British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

2022 Teams & Points average

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

If it’s the same riders, why does it cost a lot more? That doesn’t make any sense. 

———

Anybody calling for a reduction to the points limit needs to give their heads a wobble. Lowering the points limit only serves to weaken the product further.

That's as may be, but if it were to reduce costs, particularly at Championship level, then that can only be a good thing, surely? 

15 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

As it is mentioned that people want to encourage Poole to go up based on the above, based on my thoughts on team building points limit, (not long until we find out for sure) here are a couple of teams, I have changed the Championship to 32 points straight away as its a mission to select a side

Premiership 
1. Adam Ellis 8.12
2. Nico Covatti 5.27
3. Troy Batchelor 5.57
4. Jason Crump 5.36
5. Brady Kurtz 7.35
6. Benjamin Basso 4.00
7. Danyon Hume R/S

Championship
1. Danny King 9.22
2. Cameron Heeps 4.95
3. Benjamin Basso 5.00
4. Keynan Rew 5.00
5. Adam Ellis 7.66
6. Danyon Hume R/S
7. Seb Clouting R/S

I'm sorry but if that's going to be the level of next season's championship then they're will be even more tracks closing. That is not attractive at all. As been said before the solution isn't to weaken the second league so the top one looks stronger. People will vote with their feet

• Like 4

Spot on, take a look at the NDL which is now on its knees due to the lowered points limit. The CL side above "appears" respectable because it has a few "names" on false averages. One team will get the British champ on a sub 8 ave, Heeps is sub 5 because he was injured/tripe and Clouting is struggling for points in the weakened NL. 

The PL team again looks better because of names rather than current form. Batch, Crump and Covatti are not the riders they one were, Kurtz is not the rider he should have become and so on. 

Lowering the bar to make riders Prem / Champ or even NL level isn't the way to help the sport short, medium or long term.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm sorry but if that's going to be the level of next season's championship then they're will be even more tracks closing. That is not attractive at all. As been said before the solution isn't to weaken the second league so the top one looks stronger. People will vote with their feet

By having 2 Rising Stars, you will be weakening the product but it will come down to how you grade this years Rising Stars of 1 or 2* rating who have had a good season (based on higher home form)but still 2 years racing experience & your points limit for the remaining 5 riders. At 32 points, you could still get strong teams having 3 x 7-8 pointers & 2 x 4 pointers.

12 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

By having 2 Rising Stars, you will be weakening the product but it will come down to how you grade this years Rising Stars of 1 or 2* rating who have had a good season (based on higher home form)but still 2 years racing experience & your points limit for the remaining 5 riders. At 32 points, you could still get strong teams having 3 x 7-8 pointers & 2 x 4 pointers.

That all depends on who they class as rising stars next season. Will Palin, Leon, Dan T etc still be to their development? How expect anyone to step up from that farce of a national League into championship is ridiculous

• Like 1

One league would be my preference....cuts out the doubling up rubbish....more meetings to make up for less earnings.

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

One league would be my preference....cuts out the doubling up rubbish....more meetings to make up for less earnings.

And where do all the riders come from?

• Like 2

Surely we got to encourage more riders back not encourage more to go away ,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

As it is mentioned that people want to encourage Poole to go up based on the above, based on my thoughts on team building points limit, (not long until we find out for sure) here are a couple of teams, I have changed the Championship to 32 points straight away as its a mission to select a side

Premiership 
1. Adam Ellis 8.12
2. Nico Covatti 5.27
3. Troy Batchelor 5.57
4. Jason Crump 5.36
5. Brady Kurtz 7.35
6. Benjamin Basso 4.00
7. Danyon Hume R/S

Championship
1. Danny King 9.22
2. Cameron Heeps 4.95
3. Benjamin Basso 5.00
4. Keynan Rew 5.00
5. Adam Ellis 7.66
6. Danyon Hume R/S
7. Seb Clouting R/S

Premiership team is interesting considering they have all ridden for Poole before! At least we'll be alright at home ;)

Edit- Championship wise I would want Steve Worrall and Danny King as 1 and 5. 

Edited by lisa-colette

Another concern regarding this RS system. The youth championship when 1st started had far more riders coming through. Sure at Glasgow was over 30 heats one year. This season been 3 or 4 in each class. The riders are not there IMO to carry it on

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Spot on, take a look at the NDL which is now on its knees due to the lowered points limit.

What makes you think that?      I've found the NDL to be an exciting, refreshing and innovative competition this season, having watched meetings at Armadale and Berwick, both standalone and as part of double-headers.      The young riders involved have made giant strides since the season began on May 1st and I'm already looking forward to 2022, when there will be at least one brand-new standalone circuit applying to join the NDL.

On its knees?    Don't you believe it!

11 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

What makes you think that?      I've found the NDL to be an exciting, refreshing and innovative competition this season, having watched meetings at Armadale and Berwick, both standalone and as part of double-headers.      The young riders involved have made giant strides since the season began on May 1st and I'm already looking forward to 2022, when there will be at least one brand-new standalone circuit applying to join the NDL.

Last two NDL matches at the Dale were great. One was ridden with rain and the 2 teams just got on with it.

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Id argue that losing two teams throughout a season that started with only 8 sides is pretty disconcerting, throw in that only one stand alone team remains and they have very little say in their sole product certainly makes it hard to imagine why any new promotions would want to apply. 

I loved the product previously and the level was such that riders did genuinely make good strides in their progress and move into the higher tiers a more complete product. Looking at this seasons performances there are riders who were already competing at a higher level and are dramatically better than the opposition they face, once some of those are removed from next season how will the teams look? A mix of eternal NL riders and rookies with little or no credentials. 

The ethos of riders who want to get out there and get on with it has always been present but riding on slick 2nd half tracks is teaching them little and in some cases will end riders careers before they have barely begun.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

In fairness I have seen a few NDL meetings this year and all have been close and competitive with good racing 

Adding onto that as this is a CL section where are the new rising stars coming from? Take a good look at the number of rising stars that retired this year. Then look at the few who have improved remotely enough to get near the CL next season. Mulford...then its gets harder. Ablitt and Hagon have had their progress hampered by lack of meetings, McGurks & Freeman are very much the best of the rest but still early for both. The rest are yet to be solid NL riders let alone CL but its time to reap whats been sown.