British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rick69

is putoline R any good in a laydown

Hi as title for those who know me im a 2 stroke mad grasser run all them on putoline R so have it in boxes will it be okto run a speedway laydown on it or is t to thin i wont be that fast to be honest if putoline is no good what would be a good option many thanks

Years ago we tested a very thin oil from Shell & their view was it would be more efficent than the heavier oils as it did not need to get up to temperture to be at working viscosity. It was a good oil but very expensive. A former Oxford rider used Mobil 1 from the garage for a while.

We run putoline in our 250cc never a problem . Had found it is a thicker oil than most speedway type oils we always change every meeting 

Edited by phillwhitewasmad

On 10/21/2021 at 4:17 PM, Technik said:

Years ago we tested a very thin oil from Shell & their view was it would be more efficent than the heavier oils as it did not need to get up to temperture to be at working viscosity. It was a good oil but very expensive. A former Oxford rider used Mobil 1 from the garage for a while.

I think I'm right in saying, Gary Havelock used Mobil 1, at some point. Trouble is, you are starving the fans of the perfume! 

Motorex 10W-60 is the answer.