British Speedway Forum

So, at the weekend, in the son programme lemon said he was assessing his options going forward and hinted at standing down from both Australia and belle vue, 

I persoanlly hope he stays on at the club but gets a team manager in for race nights. Someone like Stewart dickson or rosco. 

Regarding the team, there's a real conundrum, with max wanting to return, we have Dan on a 9+ average so is it go top heavyband have both. Or does Dan drop UK and we replace him with max. 

What will the points limit be. They should certainly increase it and limit teams to 3 D/U only. 

Are we going 2 rising stars. And if so. In what context. Can you get any 2 or what. 

I think stevie needs away tbh, he's had some unwarranted abuse from aces fans. So for his mental health, if I was him I'd go elsewhere. I'd want this 

Bewley or kurtz if Dan's not back

Richie

Wright (maybe) 

Bangs

Fricke

Palin (rising star)

Brennan (rising star)

I personally think Mark has had his time and not produced the titles we deserve.

A new team manager with good experience and a passion for Belle Vue and it’s history could be a good thing with grateful thanks to Mark for all his efforts.

Edited by KIRKYLANE

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

So, at the weekend, in the son programme lemon said he was assessing his options going forward and hinted at standing down from both Australia and belle vue, 

I persoanlly hope he stays on at the club but gets a team manager in for race nights. Someone like Stewart dickson or rosco. 

Regarding the team, there's a real conundrum, with max wanting to return, we have Dan on a 9+ average so is it go top heavyband have both. Or does Dan drop UK and we replace him with max. 

What will the points limit be. They should certainly increase it and limit teams to 3 D/U only. 

Are we going 2 rising stars. And if so. In what context. Can you get any 2 or what. 

I think stevie needs away tbh, he's had some unwarranted abuse from aces fans. So for his mental health, if I was him I'd go elsewhere. I'd want this 

Richie

Wright (maybe) 

Bangs

Fricke

Palin (rising star)

Brennan (rising star)

I'd imagine teams will only be able to use 1 of this years crop of rising stars.The 2nd one being new to the league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Richie

Wright (maybe) 

Bangs

Fricke

Palin (rising star)

Brennan (rising star)

Palin will be back at Peterborough

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Palin will be back at Peterborough

Probably will be tbh, but we can all wish :D

and Bangs says he will be doing SWEDEN, Denmark, Poland again next year. Would like to do UK in 3 years. (Speedwaygp web site)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

and Bangs says he will be doing SWEDEN, Denmark, Poland again next year. Would like to do UK in 3 years. (Speedwaygp web site)

Yep. Just been reading that. 

Surely the league setup has to change before anyone starts building teams. We can’t have 6 clubs in a league again with pretty much all top riders doubling down . 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Oooh Poole could be back up by then! ;):D

16 minutes ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Surely the league setup has to change before anyone starts building teams. We can’t have 6 clubs in a league again with pretty much all top riders doubling down . 

There won't be 6 thats for sure. 

I actually think we will have 9 teams next year. 10 if we're lucky. 

Wolves have said they wont be racing if its 6 teams again. So it's either going to be 5 teams or 7/8/9/10 teams 

Belle vue

Ipswich

Wolves

Kings lynn

Sheffield

Peterborough 

Poole

Oxford

Glasgow 

Eastbourne 

19 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Wolves have said they wont be racing if its 6 teams again. So it's either going to be 5 teams or 7/8/9/10 teams 

Belle vue

Ipswich

Wolves

Kings lynn

Sheffield

Peterborough 

Poole

Oxford

Glasgow 

Eastbourne 

5?? Could you even imagine!!:unsure:

33 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Belle vue

Ipswich

Wolves

Kings lynn

Sheffield

Peterborough 

Poole

Oxford

Glasgow 

Eastbourne 

Eastbourne thats a bit left field I think. Oxford in premiership may be a step to far too.Can see Glasgow though.

43 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Eastbourne thats a bit left field I think. Oxford in premiership may be a step to far too.Can see Glasgow though.

Can’t see Glasgow without Edinburgh - derbies between the two clubs are needed for both teams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Belle vue

Ipswich

Wolves

Kings lynn

Sheffield

Peterborough 

Poole

Oxford

Glasgow 

Eastbourne 

More chance of Eastenders putting a team in the Premier League than Eastbourne possibly with Ricky riding at 1 with Bianca team manager.

Oxford already stated racing Friday nights only

Glasgow is a possibility

Poole a possibility if they get special dispensation for running Wednesday nights

Or.... are they going left field and allowing clubs to run on any night they wish 

As for a 2022 Belle Vue side...

1. Max Fricke 9.23
2. Keynan Rew 4.00
3. Josh Pickering 7.06
4. Charles Wright 6.07
5. Dan Bewley 9.14
6. Tom Brennan R/S
7. Dan Thompson R/S

Edited by Falcon1983