British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Good points BUT the people running the show can not think 10 minutes ahead let alone 10 years. I fear they’ll be more clubs going to the wall this winter, promoters can’t not keep loosing money season after season and financially supporting clubs just for fun. 

He fears more clubs going to the wall through promoters losing money.  Yet just 2 posts (and less than an hour) earlier he recommends paying Bewley more money to avoid the wooden spoon.  

His accusing others of not being able to think 10 minutes ahead broke my irony meter :icon_smile_clown:

2 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

He fears more clubs going to the wall through promoters losing money.  Yet just 2 posts (and less than an hour) earlier he recommends paying Bewley more money to avoid the wooden spoon.  

His accusing others of not being able to think 10 minutes ahead broke my irony meter :icon_smile_clown:

I don’t want bv to loose Bewley as this would badly effect the team and support for the club. Things are clearly precarious at many clubs. So are you ok with the way things are going. 

10 hours ago, topaz325 said:

:blink:

Money and logistics riding in Sweden, sponsors, opposition.

But apart from that....? :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

British Speedway simply can't afford the kind of figures required to compete. Poland & Sweden means one set of bikes that can be driven between the two, Poland and UK means two sets of bikes and thats without all the other odds and ends. It would take Belle Vue approx £40-50k at the start of the season just to be on level terms with Sweden and thats before points money, sponsorship, opposition, travelling etc. No clubs should be breaking the bank to keep riders, the UK has to accept that its a training ground now for the other continental leagues and retirement home for the sports aging stars. 

100% correct but sadly it seems it is only now realised that they are a training ground and a 'rest home'....

It was obvious to a great many several years ago though how it was going, and instead of accepting it and building their own plan around it, the UK still tried to pretend it was relevant on a world stage and changed fixture lists to suit riders, and paid out more than was coming in to afford them, and neglected to follow any clear development pathway for riders to improve...

The current situation of 'not enough riders' and therefore zero credibility for the sport, and therefore zero major sponsorship, didn't happen overnight, but was a clear 'end game' for a good many years if they carried on doing the same thing ad infinitum...

Dan owes the UK nothing, especially given it was his then Polish team who paid for his treatment from his major injury....

Let's hope it all works out for him...

The heavily invested in U24 League in Poland will also help develop a few of our lads too I would think...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The vast problem with the current running of the sport is that the promotions are only looking after their own business interests rather than being custodians of the sport. Yes you are right the nails have been firmly banged in and the sport in Britain continues to focus on today and the top tiers. The NDL has been destroyed and yet so many of the now top flight riders came through that route. Until the UK can produce riders of a good standard there will be nothing left, being able to keep them racing in Britain may prove more difficult but not impossible. Plans for the next 10 years plus are needed but most promotions aren't likely to even still be involved in that timescale so why do they care.

Again, as clear as day...

Hardly anyone cares who wins any Speedway title in the UK due to the ludicrous way it can be attained..

Yet promoters will try and out do each other in all sorts of ways in a desperate bid to win one...

Rather than focusing on how to make their competitions credible and actually worth winning in the eyes of the many who no longer go but still follow the sport closely,...

And also focusing on how to ensure all have a decent crack at winning one of those titles...

Say 18 teams come to the table next season...

It would be far better for the sport to have all 18 running in front 500 punters extra each meeting, due to racing on the best night for each track to get their best crowd in, and the entertainment and closeness of the racing on view, as that would grow the sport by 9000 punters each week...

No matter which individual clubs win either title they could never hope to grow their crowds by 9,000 on any week, and it would be very doubtful if they could grow their crowds by 9,000 over the whole year....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

Potential 2022 team if 2021 team building rules remain in place:

Belle Vue
Max Fricke 8.81
Kyle Howarth 6.03
Steve Worrall 5.94
Charles Wright 5.92
Richie Worrall 5.37
Jordan Palin 3.00
Tom Brennan 4*
Total 35.07

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Sad 1

On 11/5/2021 at 10:15 PM, szkocjasid said:

Potential 2022 team if 2021 team building rules remain in place:

Belle Vue
Max Fricke 8.81
Kyle Howarth 6.03
Steve Worrall 5.94
Charles Wright 5.92
Richie Worrall 5.37
Jordan Palin 3.00
Tom Brennan 4*
Total 35.07

You wouldn’t pay much to watch that team in the top flight, but sadly I doubt they could get much stronger

4 hours ago, Bruiser said:

You wouldn’t pay much to watch that team in the top flight, but sadly I doubt they could get much stronger

they will be stonger for sure :t:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

they will be stonger for sure :t:

So you know the 1-7 with 100% certainty then Geoff.... :D

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So you know the 1-7 with 100% certainty then Geoff.... :D

yeah duckbill PM'D me he knows everything didn't you know :rofl:

• Thanks 1

Would something like this fit. I'm not sure myself. But maybe go the way Peterborough did

Bjerre

Wright

Cook

Tungate

Kurtz

Richie

Brennan 

Probably to high. 

Edited by Phil The Ace

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Would something like this fit. I'm not sure myself. But maybe go the way Peterborough did

Bjerre

Wright

Cook

Tungate

Kurtz

Richie

Brennan 

Probably to high. 

It needs a 4 pointer at reserve who'll add a couple of points to their average

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Or the second RS rider,,, with no average.   All part of the 5 year plan you know.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Plenty of them about. If they are willing to come that is. 

15 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Or the second RS rider,,, with no average.   All part of the 5 year plan you know.  

Or that