British Speedway Forum

On 12/10/2021 at 4:14 PM, TTT said:

Brady Kurtz and Tom Brennan will ride for Belle Vue in 2022. :t:

we all know that, its who the other 2 are 

We are short of 3 riders I thought. Have I missed someone? :)

23 minutes ago, coldace said:

We are short of 3 riders I thought. Have I missed someone? :)

sorry, 3 yes :oops:

8 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Best rising star in the league imo.

Best by a country mile

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone know Brennan’s average from last season?

You're asking far too much for something so simple to be made transparent and public by the BSPL...;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone know Brennan’s average from last season?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Best rising star in the league imo.

12 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Best by a country mile

7 hours ago, Gambo said:

Think Anders Rowe would have something to say about that. 4.46 this season, was averaging well over 6 before injury struck, and rode a good chunk of the season in the main body of the side than at reserve unlike Brennan. Now Rowe is selected as the rising star that he was eligible for this year. No slight on young Brennan whatsoever, he looks a talented boy, but best RS in the league and by “a country mile”? Not a chance. 

Edited by Steve Irving

17 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Think Anders Rowe would have something to say about that. 4.46 this season, was averaging well over 6 before injury struck, and rode a good chunk of the season in the main body of the side than at reserve unlike Brennan. Now Rowe is selected as the rising star that he was eligible for this year. No slight on young Brennan whatsoever, he looks a talented boy, but best RS in the league and by “a country mile”? Not a chance. 

Sorry but Rowe had a purple patch IMO. He's talented don't get me wrong, but Brennan is a class above 

26 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Rowe wasnt a RS last year, so yes brennan was best by a country mile

next year we can compare

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Sorry but Rowe had a purple patch IMO. He's talented don't get me wrong, but Brennan is a class above 

Based on what exactly? You’re of course entitled to your opinion, but we can only go on what we’ve seen so far. The fact is Brennan spent the entire year at reserve, and averaged under 4. Rowe, who is also a year younger by the way, averaged 4 and a half whilst riding half of the meetings in the main body of the side whilst injured. He actually went in to the season carrying an injury, and seriously aggravated it crashing 6 weeks in to the season. Up until that point the lad was riding like an established heat leader! 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Rowe wasnt a RS last year, so yes brennan was best by a country mile

next year we can compare

Yes, I know that. But I was under the impression they were talking about the coming season, not the one just gone. 

8 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Based on what exactly? You’re of course entitled to your opinion, but we can only go on what we’ve seen so far. The fact is Brennan spent the entire year at reserve, and averaged under 4. Rowe, who is also a year younger by the way, averaged 4 and a half whilst riding half of the meetings in the main body of the side whilst injured. He actually went in to the season carrying an injury, and seriously aggravated it crashing 6 weeks in to the season. Up until that point the lad was riding like an established heat leader! 

Hard to argue against that really. I personally wouldn’t swap Rowe for Brennan as a rising star and I’m pretty confident Rowe will have a more productive season down there of the two. 

But I also tipped the Witches for the wooden spoon a couple of seasons ago and we finished runners up, and I also tipped Peterborough for the spoon this year and they won the damn thing so my predictions are horrendous. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Haha 2