British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, M.D said:

just wanted to say that Tom's Mum Sarah passed away this morning..

All at Eastbourne Speedway are at a loss and we are thinking of Tom and the family

RIP Sarah x

gazzac reacted to this
  • My thoughts go out to Tom and his family

Edited by KIRKYLANE

Very sad RIP and condolences to Tom and the family.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:59 AM, TINYS said:

I doubt very much that Tai would come back the money here is peanuts compared to Poland.

Get a sponsor with big pockets, then anything is possible.

Becker not been announced and some wolves fans are hearing talk of him heading belle Vue way. 

So there's another rumour  to get your teeth into

Edited by PhilTheAce

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Becker not been announced and some wolves fans are hearing talk of him heading belle Vue way. 

He'd be good at 2 or 6 for me. Had some strong rides for Wolves at the NSS last year.  Also young and should improve.

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Byron Bekker, average for the Colts at best. Much better options out there

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, coldace said:

He'd be good at 2 or 6 for me. Had some strong rides for Wolves at the NSS last year.  Also young and should improve.

Think you will find he with be in the wolves team next season . 

3 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think you will find he with be in the wolves team next season . 

I agree with this. I've heard nothing from the aces side of things. Only from a few wolves fans. 

While I'd be happy with becker, Hope we go bigger than him

On 12/27/2021 at 10:21 AM, hyderd said:

Highly unlikely that a sponsor could be found to provide £2k+ per point aka Poland. However matching Swedish pay rates (& paying them) is far more likely. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

He may not have been announced but the Wolves team has been finalised weeks ago, expect Becker and Morris to be the final 2. Will be a major surprise if not

On 12/27/2021 at 10:21 AM, hyderd said:

Even on "mates rates" I would imagine any top 10 rider will be looking at a minimum £100k for 20 matches..

Sweden will be offering less matches so maybe a few could be enticed over with that level of contract? 

They do though have a league sponsor so presumably bump up their payments using this money so maybe not a huge overall difference for riding less matches? 

So many top riders seem pleased to just run three times a week in Poland, Sweden and Denmark, and have four days off..

Presumably happy with their lot, with it being heavily funded by their Polish contract.. 

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

So many top riders seem pleased to just run three times a week in Poland, Sweden and Denmark, and have four days off..

Presumably happy with their lot, with it being heavily funded by their Polish contract.. 

Top boys can only ride in Poland & one other league. So although the rest in-between meetings may appear beneficial some riders (as per Jason D) prefer to be busier than that on their bikes racing. which of course the UK can provide for. 

19 hours ago, mikebv said:

Even on "mates rates" I would imagine any top 10 rider will be looking at a minimum £100k for 20 matches..

Sweden will be offering less matches so maybe a few could be enticed over with that level of contract? 

They do though have a league sponsor so presumably bump up their payments using this money so maybe not a huge overall difference for riding less matches? 

I said anything is possible, and it is. If an extremely wealthy Russian business man, who happened to love Speedway and lived in leafy Cheshire, wanted to sponsor his business through Belle Vue and bring A Laguta to the club. It is possible, it's 99.9999% probable that it won't happen. but it could.

9 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I said anything is possible, and it is. If an extremely wealthy Russian business man, who happened to love Speedway and lived in leafy Cheshire, wanted to sponsor his business through Belle Vue and bring A Laguta to the club. It is possible, it's 99.9999% probable that it won't happen. but it could.

Ricky Kling it is then....:D

• Haha 1