British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

No way should Woffinden be allowed to come in on a 7.03, the BSPA need to step in for the best interests of the sport.

That is his average so why not.

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

He is based in UK again, he's not basinf himself in Poland d next year. Only UK. 

And while yes. There have been talks with tai, there is nothing secured yet, we have a little bit of time to find the extra money but if they can't find that balance by end of Jan then it's gonna be a long season

So while it could be a very exciting year at the same time it could be a disaster. 

I'm not getting excited just yet 

Phil is it just Tai we are in talks with for the 3rd heat leader position. Any news on the other reserve and second string

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

If they included Tai what would be left over 

Trousers, shirt & waistcoat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

He is based in UK again, he's not basinf himself in Poland d next year. Only UK. 

And while yes. There have been talks with tai, there is nothing secured yet, we have a little bit of time to find the extra money but if they can't find that balance by end of Jan then it's gonna be a long season

So while it could be a very exciting year at the same time it could be a disaster. 

I'm not getting excited just yet 

Wasn’t aware of that part. 

Adrian is running it like a business, which is right, because that’s what the club is, but he has the money I’m sure of that.

I have concerns about Tais commitment, I don’t think he’s riding for or because it’s BV, he’s coming here because of the track and that we are probably the only club who will pay him.

But if he gets the money he wants, then it’s something we have to do. He will score a load of points and on that average is a no brainer.

1 Max Fricke 8.81
2 Jye Etheridge 5.22
3 Brady Kurtz 7.27
4 Charles Wright 5.92
5 Tai Woffinden 6.85
6 Jake Allen 4.80
7 Tom Brennan RS

If Belle Vue  could pull off that team, they'd be unstoppable... Although there's been plenty occasions in the past where teams on paper don't perform on the track... I wonder whether this would bankrupt them also... Although I don't imagine the government will be happy if they supported building a stadium just for it to sit empty?

9 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:
1 Max Fricke 8.81
2 Jye Etheridge 5.22
3 Brady Kurtz 7.27
4 Charles Wright 5.92
5 Tai Woffinden 6.85
6 Jake Allen 4.80
7 Tom Brennan RS

If Belle Vue  could pull off that team, they'd be unstoppable... Although there's been plenty occasions in the past where teams on paper don't perform on the track... I wonder whether this would bankrupt them also... Although I don't imagine the government will be happy if they supported building a stadium just for it to sit empty?

Whatever team they have i am sure Mark Lemon can find a way to not win the league!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Enough of the wind-ups and joke Woffinden signings.   Anyone know when the Aces are naming the next signing?  Norick Blodorn

he will be announced after they have sorted the 3rd heat leader out whoever that may be 

9 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:
1 Max Fricke 8.81
2 Jye Etheridge 5.22
3 Brady Kurtz 7.27
4 Charles Wright 5.92
5 Tai Woffinden 6.85
6 Jake Allen 4.80
7 Tom Brennan RS

A big no thanks to Etheridge. He was useless at No2 and couldn’t score a point.

Was also terrible at reserve in the play off final at home so don’t want him back at all.

Blodorn on a 4 at reserve would mean a decent chunk left for someone far better at No2

12 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

No way should Woffinden be allowed to come in on a 7.03, the BSPA need to step in for the best interests of the sport.

That’s his average you :icon_smile_clown:.

14 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Depends what the set up is

Not everything can run like Poland with signing on money etc.

If it's just a case for having the "opportunity" to get some extra track time it can be agreed that they get paid when they race, like 99% of all riders in British Speedway

And so they have bikes, engines, van, mechanics etc just sitting around in the uk waiting for that one opportunity to get a meeting in and be paid a grand or two? 

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

he will be announced after they have sorted the 3rd heat leader out whoever that may be 

Any whispers about Tungate Phil?

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

That’s his average you :icon_smile_clown:.

But it's not, it's lower. He gets the 2.5% for being a past National League rider too

14 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Relax...

That wont be his average...

He will have his UK riders reduction taken off it too.... ;)