British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Also rides with and against some of the worst juniors there is. Racing Is alot tougher out in Poland. 

Hardest league, but also the best and most experienced riders in the world, our league might not be as tough as Poland, but we don't see as many bad injuries to riders whilst racing.

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

SCB Regulations:

• "010.2.3 Amended MA’s
  • With the approval of the BSPA GC or Directors for:
  • a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased)."

Though I'd highlight the important part for you. Nearly every time averages are never ammended except exceptional circumstances, i.e. if a rider has been out the league with a 4.00 but is now a well established GP rider. 

Woffinden being around the 7.00 ave will not have his average altered. 

Whatever team you support, if you think the BSPL raising Woffinden's average so he can't return to Britain would be right then you need your head checked. Nothing should allow this opportunity to be passed up.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

I don't if it will happen, but enough people with the right contacts have confirmed that at the very least there has been a discussion. 

I wouldn’t be so doubtful if I were you.

1 hour ago, acef said:

I wouldn’t be so doubtful if I were you.

I'm not doubtful, just cautious.

20 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

SCB Regulations:

• "010.2.3 Amended MA’s
  • With the approval of the BSPA GC or Directors for:
  • a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased)."

They wouldn’t reduce crumps average after he’d been retired for 7 years so can’t imagine they’ll be arsed changing tai average the other way either

15 hours ago, JCookie said:

Whatever team you support, if you think the BSPL raising Woffinden's average so he can't return to Britain would be right then you need your head checked. Nothing should allow this opportunity to be passed up.

Out of interest where did tai finish in the polish averages?

29 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Out of interest where did tai finish in the polish averages?

10th with an average of 8.24.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

They wouldn’t reduce crumps average after he’d been retired for 7 years so can’t imagine they’ll be arsed changing tai average the other way either

Yes they did, Crump was re-assessed. 

17 hours ago, JCookie said:

Raising his average, to say, 8 or 9, would not prevent him returning.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Raising his average, to say, 8 or 9, would not prevent him returning.

He ought to have his average raised to be fair to the rest of the league, 12 :D . It's peed me off for years that he's not thought racing in the UK important, I'm surprised he's lowering himself now, sounds like it's at huge cost though!

4 hours ago, 89buttons said:

They did,, not only once, but twice 

22 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Also rides with and against some of the worst juniors there is. Racing Is alot tougher out in Poland. 

I imagine there is very little more scary than some of the throttle jockey polish juniors sitting on rocketships when they make a start and you're going shoulder to shoulder with a guy who doesn't even know where he's going on the track.

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:14 PM, flagrag said:

It would be excellent if British racing can get Tai back in the league for the full season and hopefully additional sponsorship can be found to make the deal happen.

Tai and his family are having a new custom built house built at present in the UK as his daughter is due to start school in September so he will be UK based when he can.

My understanding is that Tai did let Wolves know of his intentions to return to UK and what sort of deal he was looking for, They decided against it as did another Northern PL club but BV believe that they can raise some additional sponsorship and that he would attract extra fans .

BV fits in well to Tai’s schedule as can fly in on Monday from Wrocław his UK full time mechanic is based in North Derbyshire so close by as well

Interesting that Wolves were aware of his intentions and said no to a rider on a complete steal of an average.

That sounds to me like he is asking for terms well above what clubs will now pay, if he eventually does do a deal somewhere I hope we don’t see another club going to the wall trying to pay it.

• Like 3