British Speedway Forum

25 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

What thread is that post on mate, wouldn't mind reading it.

On the Unofficial BV Fans page on facebook

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

If you think tai will put 500 plus on the gate, it will not happen. When tai last rode for wolves people said he would put 500 600 on the gate ever week well the fact is that did not happen. On saying that it would be great to see tai ride over here again 

Tai would 100% put 600 on the gate at the NSS

However..

I doubt it would be every week after the novelty wears off...

When the Aces moved over crowds were, I would suggest, around 400 to 500 or so more than they currently run with (Friday and Saturday night racing obviously), and, I would also suggest, the Aces have around 3000 or so "followers" who attend in various degrees of regularity..

So getting around 600 more initially wouldnt be beyond being capable..

Unfortunately the inherent problem the sport has is that it spends far too much on riders who dont bring people in through the turnstiles, and so very little in comparison on marketing the sport strongly enough, which could bring people in to watch it...

Woffy really could be "manna from heaven" for the sport in general, however, given the lack of cohesion and petty nonsense that goes on, you just know that even if he did come, the huge marketing opportunity for UK Speedway would be wasted and the opportunity to almost relaunch the domestic offering with Tai, Fricke and Doyle, would be lost.. 

Sounds like Tai is definitely not coming from what I have heard so who are our realistic targets???

Have a feeling we will end up with something like Nicol, Wilson-Dean/Etheridge, Blodorn.

Probably enough for a play off spot but nowhere near enough to have a chance of winning it sadly

Yes, seems to have hit a snag. 

What's interesting is people think riders won't ride here due to money. But it's not. 

It's the tracks, tsi only wanted to ride in the home fixtures and not do away ones, 

Something that was never going to work. 

So, where does that leave us?????? In the right deep s***

2 heat leaders

1 2nd string

4 reserves 

8 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Yes, seems to have hit a snag. 

What's interesting is people think riders won't ride here due to money. But it's not. 

It's the tracks, tsi only wanted to ride in the home fixtures and not do away ones, 

Something that was never going to work. 

So, where does that leave us?????? In the right deep s***

2 heat leaders

1 2nd string

4 reserves 

In reality then Tai didn't want to ride in Britain or for BV at all - he simply wanted a well paid practice facility.......

• Like 5

Well let's hope the BV fans who wanted the Worrall's out are happy now then. Be careful want you wish for comes to mind!

However as much as some BV fans think they are entitled to a league title no matter what. BV is always a club I will check in on even though we are in a different league and hope you have a good season, whoever signs :t:

26 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

In reality then Tai didn't want to ride in Britain or for BV at all - he simply wanted a well paid practice facility.......

Putting it like that. Probably yes 

• Like 1

As I said months ago. I could see holder being persuaded to drop Sweden for UK. 

Maybe we have to go down that avenue now 

Ivan Mauger did a season for Exeter only riding in the home meetings: so it has been done before.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well let's hope the BV fans who wanted the Worrall's out are happy now then. Be careful want you wish for comes to mind!

However as much as some BV fans think they are entitled to a league title no matter what. BV is always a club I will check in on even though we are in a different league and hope you have a good season, whoever signs :t:

Who wanted the Worrall's out?  we wanted Stevie to perform to his level which he often didn't last season and was shocking in the away final.  Poole would of dropped him mid season if he rode like that for them.  It really annoys me that it seems fans are not allowed to call out underperformance.

• Like 1

Edited by stevehone

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

I agree Steve.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Who wanted the Worrall's out?  we wanted Stevie to perform to his level which he often didn't last season and was shocking in the away final.  Poole would of dropped him mid season if he rode like that for them.  It really annoys me that it seems fans are not allowed to call out underperformance.

You are allowed to call him out. But these BV fans (on twitter, not on the forum) wanted him sacked. So now he's gone they have got their wish haven't they? See how it works out. FYI when Richie was struggling at Poole at beginning of 2019 he didn't get sacked  even though he said to Matt, I understand if you do. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You are allowed to call him out. But these BV fans (on twitter, not on the forum) wanted him sacked. So now he's gone they have got their wish haven't they? See how it works out. FYI when Richie was struggling at Poole at beginning of 2019 he didn't get sacked  even though he said to Matt, I understand if you do. 

Plenty of examples of Poole sacking riders.  I think was time for a change for Stevie he had gone stale at BV

49 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

As I said months ago. I could see holder being persuaded to drop Sweden for UK. 

Maybe we have to go down that avenue now 

I think he probably would ..... if he could.......but maybe he can't......