British Speedway Forum

36 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Does not apply to Cars, Scooters or Motorcycles.

Rider's Van's? :o

If so, more points money needed... :D

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Just go on the programme generator and print your own racecard, thats what i do all the other information a programme contains can be found online or in the star.

Any other suggestions for reducing your club's income?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Quite a lot of people already bring their own printed sheet because they do not save programmes.

I do both as I save my programme

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm sure that's what people like about you on here, the pleasant way you come across :)

I've got a suggestion to increase income, get rid of the out of date programme which is overpriced and in many cases poor and provide something on a digital platform and/or a phone app which is much more accessible and get with the times. Done properly and everyone could be a winner.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure that's what people like about you on here, the pleasant way you come across :)

I've got a suggestion to increase income, get rid of the out of date programme which is overpriced and in many cases poor and provide something on a digital platform and/or a phone app which is much more accessible and get with the times. Done properly and everyone could be a winner.

No!!!! I want my paperwork to fill in lol

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Careful now..

We don't want innovative Ideas..... :D

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Didn't Adrian say we are now on an even keel  so can't be losing that much.

They run the club now for 5 years and lost money every year and I’m told the bv 2020 accounts show eye watering £630,000 losses which is up over £100k from 2019. I thought smith and his lot was top rate business people. First rule in business is make money. They’ll never get that money back from a sport that’s seriously bust! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

In my local Wolverhampton paper there was a story about someone who had written a book about football programmes. I was staggered to find the article mentioned at least 5 football clubs, including Derby County, that no longer produce a physical programme. For me filling in a speedway programme is part of the experience. A couple of times when in a hurry I have forgotten  to take my programme board and not filled in the programme. I felt totally at a loss not seeming to be aware of the ebb and flow of the match.

However, I accept I am a 'die-hard' and plenty of people around me watch without completing  a programme. Weird. :o

40 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m told the bv 2020 accounts show eye watering £630,000 losses which is up over £100k from 2019.

LOL.   If someone is telling you that a speedway club has lost over £1.1 million in two years, they're pulling your plonker.  And if they had, I don't think they'd be telling every keyboard fan.  I'd suggest the only people with sight of the club p&L account are the two owners and their accountants.  So unless your insider info has come from them, I think you've been had.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

LOL.   If someone is telling you that a speedway club has lost over £1.1 million in two years, they're pulling your plonker.  And if they had, I don't think they'd be telling every keyboard fan.  I'd suggest the only people with sight of the club p&L account are the two owners and their accountants.  So unless your insider info has come from them, I think you've been had.

Well apparently the figures is all in black and white on company house web site.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes - alienate your regulars by ripping them off with an overpriced piece of tat masquerading as a programme when all most want is a basic scorecard

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I spend more in the track shop in one purchase than i would spend all season on a programme.

14 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Well apparently the figures is all in black and white on company house web site.

Again, someone is pulling your plonker.    All speedway clubs are small entities, so they don't have to file a  P&L account with companies house.  They only have to file micro accounts which are just an abbreviated balance sheet, and don't show any P&L information.