British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure that's what people like about you on here, the pleasant way you come across :)

I've got a suggestion to increase income, get rid of the out of date programme which is overpriced and in many cases poor and provide something on a digital platform and/or a phone app which is much more accessible and get with the times. Done properly and everyone could be a winner.

Not forgetting the programme insert that they put into old programmes for meetings that have been rained off, really encourages people does that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Again, someone is pulling your plonker.    All speedway clubs are small entities, so they don't have to file a  P&L account with companies house.  They only have to file micro accounts which are just an abbreviated balance sheet, and don't show any P&L information.

Ok thanks for that info, so all is financially good at bv. Good news even though I thought figures in brackets were bad and signified loss.  

Edited by Speedtiger

4 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

As long as you realise your mistake, you've learnt something.

Thanks again you learn something new every day. So tell me why does it show (£630,000) on the 2020 accounts then, what does that refer two.?  

7 hours ago, Beowulf said:

In my local Wolverhampton paper there was a story about someone who had written a book about football programmes. I was staggered to find the article mentioned at least 5 football clubs, including Derby County, that no longer produce a physical programme. For me filling in a speedway programme is part of the experience. A couple of times when in a hurry I have forgotten  to take my programme board and not filled in the programme. I felt totally at a loss not seeming to be aware of the ebb and flow of the match.

However, I accept I am a 'die-hard' and plenty of people around me watch without completing  a programme. Weird. :o

As I have said I normally just rely on the scoreboard but second half of the season it was rarely working. So I decided to buy one just to keep tabs on the score. But my 10 Yr old was interested in filling it in and after teaching her she was very happy to continue to do it. Good for her maths anyway! ;)

6 hours ago, bellevueace said:

I spend more in the track shop in one purchase than i would spend all season on a programme.

Don't have to justify yourself ;) People will spend money on what they see VFM. Down to the promoters/owners to provide that imo. 

Before last season I hadn't bought a programme for 5/6 years, prob even longer tbh! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Thanks again you learn something new every day. So tell me why does it show (£630,000) on the 2020 accounts then, what does that refer two.?  

That was net liabilities not losses. A totally different thing.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

That was net liabilities not losses. A totally different thing.

But that would still suggest a company that has probably lost in excess of £600k in the last five years.

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But that would still suggest a company that has probably lost in excess of £600k in the last five years.

Assuming they didn't take over any debts from the previous promotion?

5 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Do you have a copy of these accounts, or link to them?

Edit: found them

Edited by waiheke1

24 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Actually, that does sound about right, given the net liabilities increased by around 115k in the last financial year. Not sure to what extent covid will have impacted profitability? 

19 hours ago, mikebv said:

Rider's Van's? :o

If so, more points money needed... :D

Nah, park vans outside the zone, then ride the bike in.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, hyderd said:

Does not apply to Cars, Scooters or Motorcycles.

It doesn’t apply to diesel vans with euro 6 engines which modern vans have had from about 2015 onwards. Plenty of sponsored new vans in speedway so I guess most riders won’t be affected. 

8 hours ago, arnieg said:

No as it doesn't show what was previous debt carried over from the old promotion, or what that debt Is, could be linked to a payment plan with the council.

8 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

Actually, that does sound about right, given the net liabilities increased by around 115k in the last financial year. Not sure to what extent covid will have impacted profitability? 

Yes not sure why that is, but can't be speedway loses, with no speedway.  The 3 meetings Belle Vue ran during 2020 broke even from what I remember being reported.