British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Bruiser said:

I don’t think Eastbourne when they came to Hyde Road and lost 64-14 thought the track was brilliant !!……there were certainly some teams and riders that did struggle there but generally I think it was a track , if you were a proper rider, that riders did really enjoy racing at and the same for the new Belle Vue , although Jason Crump said he really enjoyed the fact not many riders looked forward to coming to Kirky Lane gave him and the team a big home track advantage and that’s something the team doesn’t have now

I did say 'most' and not all riders enjoy Arlington either, but variety : spice of life and all that.  If time & money were no object I'd love to visit every track in the UK, and in the world if my lottery numbers come up (fat chance), been to probably 70% or current circuits.  Ticking off tracks is always interesting as with almost everything they are different to how they appear on TV.  And obviously if Belle Vue did sign Woffinden it would be very interesting.  To say the least.....

Edited by martinmauger
added info
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Congratulations to BV on their title win.

Money can buy you success. Especially when you get a free stadium from the taxpayer.

Free stadium dont think so they do pay rent, although its a labour council so you should be happy

Edited by DBP
More info
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just hope all the fans of all the clubs turn out when Tai is in town,, maybe it will show more fans will turn up to accomadate even more big names. 

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is that all bluff then that tweet? 

I’m sure the Polish chap works for 11 sports in Poland so will be in the “know”:

21 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I’m sure the Polish chap works for 11 sports in Poland so will be in the “know”:

Scrap that, looks like he has signed in Denmark 

14 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Scrap that, looks like he has signed in Denmark 

That was a quick change of mind

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DBP said:

Has given up sweden will be Denmark

Wont be the aces to many meetings thats why he stopped racing in uk 

Sorry I meant Denmark.  

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Tai Woffinden to Belle Vue.

Even Mark Lemon won't be able to cost you the title this season.

Oh dude,,, you seem to have edited out the bit you said you have it confirmed it was belle Vue.   Obviously talking rubbishe under a new name 

On 1/9/2022 at 6:22 PM, PotteringAround said:

The whole Belle Vue talking to Woffinden thing has been a wind-up, but look how many people he got believing it :rofl:

On 1/9/2022 at 6:45 PM, SUPERACE said:

Yep apart from the fact it's absolutely true.

Told you all on Jan 9th the Woffinden thing was a cheeky wind-up.   It still is.

Just now, PotteringAround said:

Told you all on Jan 9th the Woffinden thing was a cheeky wind-up.   It still is.

Nope your wrong, just because something doesn't happen doesn't mean the story wasn't correct .  He spoke to Belle Vue thats a fact and you continually tweeting it was a wind up won't change that.  

12 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Nope your wrong, just because something doesn't happen doesn't mean the story wasn't correct .  He spoke to Belle Vue thats a fact and you continually tweeting it was a wind up won't change that.  

You continually tweeting he's coming to Belle Vue doesn't mean it was correct, and it won't change the fact that he isn't.

Woffinden told Belle Vue at the SON that he'd like to come to the NSS, and it's the only track in Britain he'd ride for.  At the same time, Robert Lambert also said he'd like to ride for Belle Vue.  Lambert was never an option with Poland & Sweden in the offing, but they did have a brief chat with Woffy at the SON.  At that time Oxford were thinking of going Premiership and were sniffing round a few possible No.1s including Max Fricke....   Within a week of the SON, it was clear that Woffy wasn't logistically possible, and Belle Vue quickly signed Fricke by the Peter Craven meeting the following week.

Edited by PotteringAround

21 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Oh dude,,, you seem to have edited out the bit you said you have it confirmed it was belle Vue.   Obviously talking rubbishe under a new name 

Got any proof to back up your claims?