Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Fixed race nights are only in place to ensure the 2nd Division has a certain level of rider, and that this certain level of rider gets the chance to ride for teams in two leagues...

Surely therefore, it would be better to run the odd meeting without the likes of Dan Bewley and other top riders, and make the most of the opportunities brought when they are available...

As has been shown for decades. Guests and RR are a fundamental part of the sport with or without fixed race nights, so just carry on as normal. (As this will happen anyway)...

Ironically non fixed race nights might actually help get a fair few top talents back, riding on a flexible ad hoc basis. Use Monday and Thursday's as "core nights" if needed, but try and work around the agendas of the top riders and race on other nights where possible...

And if some meetings have to take place without them, then so be it, (been like that for ages anyway)...

A team with Fricke and Bewley for example, whilst not the level of Ipswich with T Rick and Gollob et al would still generate a fair bit of interest I would suggest...

Even if it was for only 70% of the meetings...

There will be plenty of RR and Guests next season, there always is, so make it a part of the plan not a reactive fix, and try and get a few "big names" over here even if only for the odd meeting or so..

Hopefully the PCMM will show what is possible crowd wise when you get "big names" together...

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Do keep up - there has been no rule change

Sorry i meant if there had been a rule change it would have been a very recent one. Smart arse

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DBP said:

Do you not understand the rules have not changed Bewley can't ride for the Aces he is already signed for polish and Swedish clubs

I meant that if there had been a rule change it would have been a late one. I understand the rules fine thanks, you contradicitng twit

38 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Sorry i meant if there had been a rule change it would have been a very recent one. Smart arse

Well that's not what you put!

Not so smart arse :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

I meant that if there had been a rule change it would have been a late one. I understand the rules fine thanks, you contradicitng twit

Well if you put it down correctly no one would have to explain it to you

Twit

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, mikebv said:

Fixed race nights are only in place to ensure the 2nd Division has a certain level of rider, and that this certain level of rider gets the chance to ride for teams in two leagues...

Surely therefore, it would be better to run the odd meeting without the likes of Dan Bewley and other top riders, and make the most of the opportunities brought when they are available...

As has been shown for decades. Guests and RR are a fundamental part of the sport with or without fixed race nights, so just carry on as normal. (As this will happen anyway)...

Ironically non fixed race nights might actually help get a fair few top talents back, riding on a flexible ad hoc basis. Use Monday and Thursday's as "core nights" if needed, but try and work around the agendas of the top riders and race on other nights where possible...

And if some meetings have to take place without them, then so be it, (been like that for ages anyway)...

A team with Fricke and Bewley for example, whilst not the level of Ipswich with T Rick and Gollob et al would still generate a fair bit of interest I would suggest...

Even if it was for only 70% of the meetings...

There will be plenty of RR and Guests next season, there always is, so make it a part of the plan not a reactive fix, and try and get a few "big names" over here even if only for the odd meeting or so..

Hopefully the PCMM will show what is possible crowd wise when you get "big names" together...

With the Polish rule still very much in place, it’s abit immaterial but I have said for a long period of time that a good way to get some of the top riders here would be to allow for the no.1 position to be shared. 

As an example you might have Nicki Pedersen and Tai Woffinden share one position and they could be rotated accordingly to availability, form or just personal preference. If teams could make it pay (and that would be their choice) why wouldn’t that work?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Najjer said:

With the Polish rule still very much in place, it’s abit immaterial but I have said for a long period of time that a good way to get some of the top riders here would be to allow for the no.1 position to be shared. 

As an example you might have Nicki Pedersen and Tai Woffinden share one position and they could be rotated accordingly to availability, form or just personal preference. If teams could make it pay (and that would be their choice) why wouldn’t that work?

The only sure way to get top riders back in uk speedway is to pay more money than Poland, Sweden etc. A top No1 would cost a club well over £4000 plus plus plus a meeting and that isn’t gona happen as uk speedway is bust. Sad but thats the reality of where the sport has been run down to.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

It sounds ok in theory but the riders would use lower quality machinery, take the guarantee money, and only contribute mediocre points. Would that really add enough prestige and value?

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

The only sure way to get top riders back in uk speedway is to pay more money than Poland, Sweden etc. A top No1 would cost a club well over £4000 plus plus plus a meeting and that isn’t gona happen as uk speedway is bust. Sad but thats the reality of where the sport has been run down to.

We are never going to compete with Polish rates but Sweden is not looking good if reports are true on a number of issues, we shall see as 2022 unfolds..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Agreed, so give up fixed nights and ride on any evening or day when enough of the top riders are available...

I do laugh when people blame Poland for so many of the UK issues...

"How are they allowed to get away with it?

"They shouldn't be allowed to implement these restrictions" etc...

Restrictions?

The UK is the ONLY domestic Speedway league which runs on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat and Sunday...

The UK is the ONLY domestic Speedway league that chooses to run head to head directly against FIM meetings...

So who is getting restricted? 

In short. The UK ride SEVEN evenings a week. Some restriction...:D

I do think it is 'very convenient' to blame Poland as let's be honest, the fixed race nights plan was supposed to ensure the top riders could ride over here, and this was done well before the Poles put the restrictions on, and guess what? They didn't come over....

In reality. The fixed race night is in place in the UK so the sport can stil have more than one league and appear "structured" and also ensure some promoters feel that they operate st the "highest level"...

However, the only way to compete at this "highest level' is to use exactly the same riders from the two levels below...:D

Which is a 'happy coincidence'' given it also ensures 'x' number of riders don't miss out on any meetings going....

Monday to Sunday...

On 3/2/2022 at 2:53 PM, PhilTheAce said:

1 familiar face and an exciting edition to the team

and if all the paperwork goes through without any hiccups the exciting edition should shut a few up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, neb said:

and if all the paperwork goes through without any hiccups the exciting edition should shut a few up.

For sure. Leaves us way under points limit but exciting nevertheless. 

Won't beat Sheffield still. But after the winter we have had I'm very happy with the end team 

38 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

For sure. Leaves us way under points limit but exciting nevertheless. 

Won't beat Sheffield still. But after the winter we have had I'm very happy with the end team 

so who are the riders then?

13 minutes ago, Lurcher said:

so who are the riders then?

I'm saying nothing after the debacle of tai and Dan untill everything is signed and sealed 

On 3/2/2022 at 2:53 PM, PhilTheAce said:

1 familiar face and an exciting edition to the team

What edition of the team will they be in ;)