British Speedway Forum

I'd be very surprised if any 2022 Ace is not involved in the Peter Craven meeting. So had assumed one of the final two would be NKI or Zagar, the latter being more likely as a former Ace.  NKI was track record holder of the NSS during the first season the track opened but has had an awful lot of injuries since then.

Lebedevs would be great, always good value entertainment wise. Was decent at SoN.  Averaged 3.73 from 4 meetings in 2013 for Kings Lynn.  Never been a GP rider, so what would his assessed average be? 6!00?

The Lebedevs rumour has been getting stronger all week and, subject to all the usual paperwork sounds like it’s going to happen. Suggestion is an average of 5.5 or 6 with maybe Jake Allen joining him. 
That would then tie into all the heavy hints from the “in the know brigade” of one familiar rider and an exciting new face and also that the “exciting new face” would come into the team below Charles Wright but be expected to take over as third heat leader during the season. 
Maybe not as strong as the Bewley/Thomson combo but should be good enough to give the Aces faithful something to cheer about

58 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

The Lebedevs rumour has been getting stronger all week and, subject to all the usual paperwork sounds like it’s going to happen. Suggestion is an average of 5.5 or 6 with maybe Jake Allen joining him. 
That would then tie into all the heavy hints from the “in the know brigade” of one familiar rider and an exciting new face and also that the “exciting new face” would come into the team below Charles Wright but be expected to take over as third heat leader during the season. 
Maybe not as strong as the Bewley/Thomson combo but should be good enough to give the Aces faithful something to cheer about

Amazed Allen has not still got a birth in top league, with good equipment ,a rider that can beat anyone anywhere, average that only will go up 

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

an exciting new face and also that the “exciting new face” would come into the team below Charles Wright but be expected to take over as third heat leader during the season. 

Ace's started 2021 with Wright at #5, which I'd consider "2nd heat leader".  Sure Bewley surpassed him (& Kurtz) obviously, but Wright was "3rd heat leader" for the final 5 months of last season?

12 hours ago, Col said:

I'd be very surprised if any 2022 Ace is not involved in the Peter Craven meeting. So had assumed one of the final two would be NKI or Zagar, the latter being more likely as a former Ace.  NKI was track record holder of the NSS during the first season the track opened but has had an awful lot of injuries since then.

Lebedevs would be great, always good value entertainment wise. Was decent at SoN.  Averaged 3.73 from 4 meetings in 2013 for Kings Lynn.  Never been a GP rider, so what would his assessed average be? 6!00?

Surely after being out of UK Speedway since 2013 he should get a reduction? :D

7 hours ago, Col said:

Ace's started 2021 with Wright at #5, which I'd consider "2nd heat leader".  Sure Bewley surpassed him (& Kurtz) obviously, but Wright was "3rd heat leader" for the final 5 months of last season?

I think that was what I was trying to say - Wright will start the season as third heat leader. I can’t find his average but assume it’s higher than 6.00. Then, if it is Lebedevs, the expectation is he’ll be better than Charles and so will take over the third heat leader role when he gets his first real average. 

If they’ve got Lebedev then it’s a cracking signing. One of my favourite riders to watch for Krosno last year in Poland and should be well suited to B.V. home track. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If Sayfudinov and Laguta are banned from riding in Poland, BV would be silly not to try and sign one of them.

You stupid prat.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If Sayfudinov and Laguta are banned from riding in Poland, BV would be silly not to try and sign one of them.

Plus that fact they will be banned here also. 

Nevertheless, moronic post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

:icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

If they’ve got Lebedev then it’s a cracking signing. One of my favourite riders to watch for Krosno last year in Poland and should be well suited to B.V. home track. 

Would be pleased with Lebedev taking in to account what has happened this winter.

He will be an asset to the team

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

Well he was certainly very fast and impressive at the SoN last year. I think he could be a very good signing although I doubt he will get around Wolves so well.  In fact we will struggle at Wolves next year as Kurtz and Fricke don't appear fans of the tight bends there either.

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

He's been my favourite European rider to watch (outside the GP riders) for a few years, has ridden NSS well in SoN.  Fingers crossed.

If it is Lebedev, would Rew fit as well, been impressed with him when I’ve seen him