British Speedway Forum

45 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Jye Etheridge has served BV well in his spells with the Aces, as his average shows.  Leaves a fair figure for your last announcement.  Unlike some on here, l believe Mark Lemon is building a good squad, given his employers will have laud down his budget.

jye av 5.22 ..jake allen av 4.80 think i would pick allen 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Jye Etheridge has served BV well in his spells with the Aces, as his average shows.  Leaves a fair figure for your last announcement.  Unlike some on here, l believe Mark Lemon is building a good squad, given his employers will have laud down his budget.

Any team that takes an offseason to announce is a patch up , in my books,she might be building for next year

1 hour ago, Batman65 said:

jye av 5.22 ..jake allen av 4.80 think i would pick allen 

Depends on riders pay demands though.

Considering how long it was taking i prepared to be underwhelmed, i wasnt disappointed.

This wasn't really the signing to get the juices flowing, this is just filling up the rest of the averages. 

Lebedevs, tungate, zagar, bjerre can still fill that last spot, but also could nicol, allen, bwd. OUCH...

Don't think we will get anyone before the craven meeting, so sit tight and keep our fingers crossed.

Edited by PhilTheAce

Great reserve but as a 1 to 5 rider oops .With peoples disposable income taking a massive hit i fear this years team will put speedway lower on their list of where to spend it.

I m o this is the poorest team we have had since we moved to the NSS and it could not have happened at a worse time :sad:

Edited by B.V 72

Interesting comments from Jye in the press release.

“My main aim is to put a few more points on my average to get into the main body of the team and hopefully stay there

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

Interesting comments from Jye in the press release.

“My main aim is to put a few more points on my average to get into the main body of the team and hopefully stay there

Lemon said he hoped Jye would get in the main body of the team when he is already in the main body!! Not sure Lemon has grasped that Blodorn and Brennan will start at reserve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

I m o this is the poorest team we have had since we moved to the NSS and it could not have happened at a worse time :sad:

How is it poor?   

Comparing to last year.....

Fricke is a like-for-like replacement for Bewley.   Kurtz, Wright, Brennan and Etheridge are the same people.     So the comparison is that you think Lebedevs and Blodorn are much poorer than Worrall and Worrall?   I'm not sure I'd agree.  I'd suggest they may be stronger....

Last year BV finished runners-up to Peterborough.  But while BV are stronger this year, Pbro are weaker due to experienced super-reserve Pedersen being replaced by inexperienced Basso, and all the other old-guard being another year older.

The only problem is that some of the other 4 teams may be stronger, and I'd say that applies mainly to Sheffield.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Or blodorn is not in the team no more

Does sound like it going by Jye's comments in the press release, Surely somebody would've told Jye that he's going to start in the 1-5 even if he didn't already know that himself.

3 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Fricke is a like-for-like replacement for Bewley.   Kurtz, Wright, Brennan and Etheridge are the same people.     So the comparison is that you think Lebedevs and Blodorn are much poorer than Worrall and Worrall?   I'm not sure I'd agree.  I'd suggest they may be stronger...

The only problem is that some of the other 4 teams may be stronger, and I'd say that applies mainly to Sheffield.

Yes Sheffield have put together an excellent septet, but do look weak at reserve. Fricke is ahead of Bewley currently so it could be argued that the team is stronger... all depends who the final rider is.

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Or blodorn is not in the team no more

You expecting him to be replaced by someone with a higher average than Etheridge then?

I don’t think the Belle Vue side is at all bad when compared to others…a lot depends on the final rider and if that’s ok then it’s an incredibly good and attractive team in my book

5 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

How is it poor?   

Comparing to last year.....

Fricke is a like-for-like replacement for Bewley.   Kurtz, Wright, Brennan and Etheridge are the same people.     So the comparison is that you think Lebedevs and Blodorn are much poorer than Worrall and Worrall?   I'm not sure I'd agree.  I'd suggest they may be stronger....

Last year BV finished runners-up to Peterborough.  But while BV are stronger this year, Pbro are weaker due to experienced super-reserve Pedersen being replaced by inexperienced Basso, and all the other old-guard being another year older.

And King's Lynn, they're certainly stronger than last year!

• Haha 1