British Speedway Forum

It’s not the first time Belle Vue have altered their team in between their last league meeting one year and their first league meeting the following year. 

Does anyone know what Jye’s rolling average is, taking into account this years meetings?

If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime

26 minutes ago, ouch said:

It’s not the first time Belle Vue have altered their team in between their last league meeting one year and their first league meeting the following year. 

Does anyone know what Jye’s rolling average is, taking into account this years meetings?

If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime

There hasn't been any league meetings so Jye's average won't have changed

Good news on Zagar. Hoped for but not, expected. I'd put Wright @#2 keep Kurtz @#5 pairing Zagar & Etheridge @#s3&4.

Zagar average 7.58 I think.

Belle Vue doing a Poole in 2022, breaking rules

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Biggest team in British speedway but still have an empty trophy cabinet 

No sure what your point is.

Manchester also has the biggest British football team with an empty trophy cabinet.

Greater Manchester also has one of the biggest British Rugby League teams with a currently empty trophy cabinet.

Maybe it's just simply a case of 'hated or adored, but certainly never ignored'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Belle Vue doing a Poole in 2022, breaking rules

Genuine question - which rules have Belle Vue broken?

You say rules (plural) rather than rule (singular), so I'm assuming you're saying that two or more have been broken.

I'd be interested to know which rules, as the only rule I've seen mentioned that might have been broken is the '25%' rule.

I’ve not checked the exact wording of that rule, but has even this been broken?

As other posters have pointed out, signing a rider on a 28-day contract doesn’t really fit in with the ‘25%’ rule, but Belle Vue are not making a change to their declared 7.

After Jake Allen’s 28-day contract expires Belle Vue have a team vacancy, and so only have a declared 6 rider team.

Matej Zagar comes in to fill that vacancy.

In this scenario, Belle Vue are not ‘dropping’ a permanent rider to bring in another.

So, as such, the 'change' would not even be a 'change' as the '25% rule was intended to prevent I would have thought?

But, if Belle Vue are breaking the rule to fill a vacancy with a different rider to that rider whose temporary contract has expired, then is a team that replaces an injured rider (and, say, out for the season) before 25% of the league fixtures have been completed also breaking the 25% rule?

I suppose only the exact wording would give you the answer on both counts and, even then, is the rule written in such a way that it is open to an interpretation argument?

• Like 2

Just now, GregoryM said:

Genuine question - which rules have Belle Vue broken?

You say rules (plural) rather than rule (singular), so I'm assuming you're saying that two or more have been broken.

I'd be interested to know which rules, as the only rule I've seen mentioned that might have been broken is the '25%' rule.

I’ve not checked the exact wording of that rule, but has even this been broken?

As other posters have pointed out, signing a rider on a 28-day contract doesn’t really fit in with the ‘25%’ rule, but Belle Vue are not making a change to their declared 7.

After Jake Allen’s 28-day contract expires Belle Vue have a team vacancy, and so only have a declared 6 rider team.

Matej Zagar comes in to fill that vacancy.

In this scenario, Belle Vue are not ‘dropping’ a permanent rider to bring in another.

So, as such, the 'change' would not even be a 'change' as the '25% rule was intended to prevent I would have thought?

But, if Belle Vue are breaking the rule to fill a vacancy with a different rider to that rider whose temporary contract has expired, then is a team that replaces an injured rider (and, say, out for the season) before 25% of the league fixtures have been completed also breaking the 25% rule?

I suppose only the exact wording would give you the answer on both counts and, even then, is the rule written in such a way that it is open to an interpretation argument?

Having rules open to interpretation is very much a GB Speedway thing..

All in the interest of Speedway obviously....;)

• Like 4

You'd think it would announced via the BSPL channels by now wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, GregoryM said:

Manchester also has the biggest British football team with an empty trophy cabinet.

Greater Manchester also has one of the biggest British Rugby League teams with a currently empty trophy cabinet.

Maybe it's just simply a case of 'hated or adored, but certainly never ignored'.

I thought Manchester City had a reasonably full trophy cabinet! 

1 hour ago, GregoryM said:

I would be more worried about the future of the showground than our trophy cabinet. It also underlines the history of the club that we can go nearly thirty years without much success but still be the most successful club throughout the history of the sport. Recent history is bobbins but the club have always been there and hopefully will be for many more seasons.

Edited by bellevueace

Yes it is odd that so far the BSPA have not said anything about BV signing Zagar, is there yet another glitch.

I do not think BV will win anything even with Zagar, who with a 7.5 ish average shows he was nothing special last time he was here. Don't think we will even make the play-offs.

4 minutes ago, BV66 said:

Yes it is odd that so far the BSPA have not said anything about BV signing Zagar, is there yet another glitch.

I do not think BV will win anything even with Zagar, who with a 7.5 ish average shows he was nothing special last time he was here. Don't think we will even make the play-offs.

I would be truly amazed if the Aces dont reach the play offs with Zagar..

Keep the top four injury free and they alone will ensure that Belle Vue will be there or thereabouts in most meetings... 

Add in an improving Brennan and that's a very solid top five to protect the reserves in the races they partner them, (should they need it)..

And Etheridge scores well at reserve but struggles in the main body, and Blodorn appears a proper prospect.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I thought Manchester City had a reasonably full trophy cabinet! 

But Man City are not the biggest football club.