British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Haza said:

If that is the case as you interpret the rule if I was the BV Promoter I’d say ok then that’s it we pull out of the league we will sit out the 2022 season - see what happens then -basically the PL season is over 5 team league

To be honest if that did happen (and Europsort would have something to say about that I am sure), I would fully support it and the NSS could then just run some very profitable individual events during the season..

Six or seven top level events well promoted, with decent sponsorship and prize money would get a good crowd in once a month I would suggest.. 

Saturday nights with no GP's would get very decent line ups, with ten high level  riders who rode Friday in Poland being available, even if the Sunday racing clubs blocked their riders from competing..

Or ride on Fridays using the Sunday Polish League riding lads..

Or ride Sunday using the Friday Polish riding lads and the Saturday Polish 2nd and 3rd Div lads..

You could have some very high standard meetings, far and away eclipsing the level of UK league Speedway running the same days...

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It would be their choice - they could try not manipulating the rules instead

unbelievable.

1 minute ago, hyderd said:

unbelievable.

That Belle Vue appear to be getting away with it  - I could not agree more :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Put it this way. This current Belle Vue team with Jake Allen wouldn't make top 4. Belle Vue illegally add Matej Zagar, this will push King's Lynn outside the Play-Off's. 

Is that right & fair??

Belle Vue should rightful continue until the 25% is completed with Jake Allen. 

Belle Vue could well still make top 4 from that point but then at least it's done in the correct way. 

Surely 5 league fixtures with Jake Allen isn't that much pain for Belle Vue? Then they can have a 15 meeting charge & prove themselves with Zagar

Show us where it says League CUP, it clearly says League fixtures. No rules were broken, get over it and move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hyderd said:

Show us where it says League CUP, it clearly says League fixtures. No rules were broken, get over it and move on.

You are correct that no rules have been broken as they are regulations :P

The regulations apply from the start of the season (March 15th). All apply to the team declarations prior to the commencement of the season

Why stop any club from strengthening there side ? Why in speedway does it seem weak is better ?obviously clubs shouldn’t be allowed to strengthen during the play offs but at this early stage of the season i can’t see the problem   All clubs had the same opportunity to sign Zagar id have thought and same opportunities to try to bring other riders back to the uk but no yet again weaken the product is the way forward . Only in speedway 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Belle Vue aren't breaking any rules 

And that dosent sit with the BSF agenda, the rule is straight forward, if the move is illegal it will be overturned by the BSPl, people are interpreting it to suit their own argument, where none exists, Poole got it all the time.

• Haha 1

Nothing has been put on the British Speedway website still about Zagar one way or the other ,

If they have rejected the signing of Zagar , BV wont have much time to find and sign a rider for Monday's meeting against Peterborough, 

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

And that dosent sit with the BSF agenda, the rule is straight forward, if the move is illegal it will be overturned by the BSPl, people are interpreting it to suit their own argument, where none exists, Poole got it all the time.

The  regulations governing the sport are laid down by the governing authorities. 

Whether clubs are adhering to them or not is also down to the governing authorities, not us the supporters.

If Belle Vue's signing of Matej Zagar is ratified, it is obviously within the way the governing authorities intended the regulation to work.

If not ratified, then it isn't. 

As supporters it seems we're divided and debating on whether our own interpretation of the regulation is correct.

As suppprters,  perhaps our 'displeasure' ought to be aimed at the authorities for having   regulations that, from the outside looking in, are seemingly open to different interpretations - rather than against an individual club in this case Belle Vue?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hyderd said:

It doesn't need to mention the league cup. The League Cup precedes the Premiership so changes can't be made until 25% of league fixtures are completed. It's not difficult to understand. 

Also Jake Allen is a declared rider whose 28 day contract is irrelevant as he WASN'T granted facility status. 

The rules the same if the League Cup Final happens after 75% of Premiership fixtures, team won't be allowed changes for that fixture either. 

It really isn't hard to understand at all

• Like 5

If the signing of Zagar is refused by the BSPL, they have two choices. Re-sign Jake Allen or use the No8.

They could still sign Zagar and use , after 25% of the League meetings have been completed, I make that after May 19th (Weather & cancellations allowing) and proving averages still fit.

4 minutes ago, BV66 said:

If the signing of Zagar is refused by the BSPL, they have two choices. Re-sign Jake Allen or use the No8.

They could still sign Zagar and use , after 25% of the League meetings have been completed, I make that after May 19th (Weather & cancellations allowing) and proving averages still fit.

Exactly this :t:

13 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It doesn't need to mention the league cup. The League Cup precedes the Premiership so changes can't be made until 25% of league fixtures are completed. It's not difficult to understand. 

Also Jake Allen is a declared rider whose 28 day contract is irrelevant as he WASN'T granted facility status. 

The rules the same if the League Cup Final happens after 75% of Premiership fixtures, team won't be allowed changes for that fixture either. 

I’m with you on that one 100%  I can’t see how it’s difficult too understand that 25% has too be completed before the change bar injury, And with league cup not being mentioned the normal assumption in my opinion would be too assume that you can’t change until the first 5 league meetings. That’s my logic anyways no doubt be questioned by others   

Edited by Redpanther

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Is it by the authorities though?

We'll soon see if they themselves understand it to be administered in the logical and well worded way you have explained it.

If Zagar's signing is ratified then it is not, and is being administrated with a different interpretation.

• Like 1

I think it's clear the league cup doesn't count.  Averages don't count in the league cup so how can they count towards the 25% of fixtures.  Also for the 2 teams that go get to the final they will then have to ride 7 meetings before a change rather than 6 for the rest.

• Haha 1