British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

But is it 25% of all fixtures, or 25% of each team's fixtures?  The fixture list is so patchy (without including postponements), 25% overall means some teams will have had less matches than others. By the same token, 25% for each team (without including postponements) means different times depending on when they complete their 25% ...

It simply says 25% of league fixtures

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Mmm interesting interpretation but isn’t the LEAGUE cup for the teams in the league, therefore teams should be declared prior to it starting. It is, after all, part of the season. Bending the rules to the max IMO.

The FA cup is for teams in all football leagues, has nowt to do with the normal leagues. Same in speedway, the league cup was simply to give teams and fans more meeting, it has nowt to do with the league though. Just some jealous fans on here, now that it looks like we have a decent team 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Mmm interesting interpretation but isn’t the LEAGUE cup for the teams in the league, therefore teams should be declared prior to it starting. It is, after all, part of the season. Bending the rules to the max IMO.

They are Bending nothing, the BSPL Directors have completely ignored rule 12.2 and confirmed the declaration under 10.3.1 (best interests of the sport).

Take a bow Godfrey, Bates, Louis and Ford.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hyderd said:

The FA cup is for teams in all football leagues, has nowt to do with the normal leagues. Same in speedway, the league cup was simply to give teams and fans more meeting, it has nowt to do with the league though. Just some jealous fans on here, now that it looks like we have a decent team 

The bullsh!t being spouted about league and league Cup is just smoke and mirrors to justify the manipulation 

The regulation applies to the team declarations prior to the start of the season. It doesn't matter what competition has started or otherwise

The fact that only League matches are quoted for the 25% makes no difference it still doesn't state you can make changes earlier

As Bigcatdiary suggests they simply haven't applied the regulation and instead have copped out with the alternative "best interest" regulation 

British Speedway has no integrity as a sporting competition as a result

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The bullsh!t being spouted about league and league Cup is just smoke and mirrors to justify the manipulation 

The regulation applies to the team declarations prior to the start of the season. It doesn't matter what competition has started or otherwise

The fact that only League matches are quoted for the 25% makes no difference it still doesn't state you can make changes earlier

As Bigcatdiary suggests they simply haven't applied the regulation and instead have copped out with the alternative "best interest" regulation 

British Speedway has no integrity as a sporting competition as a result

To be fair...

The way you can cherry pick your own team from everyone's riders at any given moment means it never really does have any sporting integrity does it? 

However, what it does have is some decent entertainment value and having Zagar riding at six UK tracks will help swell attendances much more than yet another double upper would do...

And that is what really matters. ie How many punters can you encourage to watch the sport, as the result for many fans is largely secondary to what they watch..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yet if Peterborough did it I bet BV fans would be moaning day and night! lol.  Not sure I buy the defense of 'well it makes the league more interesting!' 

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair...

The way you can cherry pick your own team from everyone's riders at any given moment means it never really does have any sporting integrity does it? 

However, what it does have is some decent entertainment value and having Zagar riding at six UK tracks will help swell attendances much more than yet another double upper would do...

And that is what really matters. ie How many punters can you encourage to watch the sport, as the result for many fans is largely secondary to what they watch..

If that's the case why bring in the 25% rule in the first place. Transfer windows are for football not speedway :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Yet if Peterborough did it I bet BV fans would be moaning day and night! lol.  Not sure I buy the defense of 'well it makes the league more interesting!' 

If that's the case why bring in the 25% rule in the first place. Transfer windows are for football not speedway :D

UK Speedway has more transfer windows than any other sport going....

Every bloody day seems to be a transfer window whereby one rider will transfer over to another team "for one night only"...:D

Bomber must be very confused who he actually rides for sometimes...

One week he will ride against himself...:D

• Haha 1

I don’t know what the fuss is about.  BV have said Jake Allen was only signed on a temporary contract - strange I know but surely it was best to start the season with 7 riders rather than 6. 

It’s good to see Zagar back riding in the UK

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Jealous, haha, you’re funny. What you’re trying to say is if the boot was on the other foot and Wolves had signed Freddy or Tai in the same situation you would be overjoyed. Pull the other one!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I don’t know what the fuss is about.  BV have said the Jake Allen was only signed on a temporary contract - strange I know but surely it was best to start the season with 7 riders rather than 6. 

Exactly....

Let's hope every team can bring in more "top level riders" during the season...

I am going tomorrow with my lad and three others who like us "used to go regularly"...

Not to desperately see an Aces win, but to watch Zagar, and hopefully see a good close meeting between two very good teams, with the usual NSS standard of racing....

That's well over £100 that the Aces (and the sport), wouldn't have had...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Jealous, haha, you’re funny. What you’re trying to say is if the boot was on the other foot and Wolves had signed Freddy or Tai in the same situation you would be overjoyed. Pull the other one!

It would be great for Wolves to sign Freddy or Tai, and great for the other five tracks too as their attendances would be boosted by having either of those two in opposition...

I remember the Ipswich "Superteam" with Tony R, Gollob, Louis and Nicholls visiting twice, and the two attendances on those occasions were far and away the best all season...

36 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I don’t know what the fuss is about.  BV have said Jake Allen was only signed on a temporary contract - strange I know but surely it was best to start the season with 7 riders rather than 6. 

And if Poole did it you'd be first to call them what was it again? Oh yeah, cheating scumbags! Okay for BV do it though :t:

If it's in the rules then it's fine, if it's not then they should wait. Not like they wouldn't be able to do it, just when. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

And if Poole did it you'd be first to call them what was it again? Oh yeah, cheating scumbags! Okay for BV do it though :t:

If it's in the rules then it's fine, if it's not then they should wait. Not like they wouldn't be able to do it, just when. 

I think that's the whole issue Lisa, the rules are far from clear. It's an interesting thread as some are adamant it's a fudge by the BSPL and others think it's quite clearly ok, better wording of the regs would have cleared it all up. 

Unfortunately the rule book has been a horlicks for years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think that's the whole issue Lisa, the rules are far from clear. It's an interesting thread as some are adamant it's a fudge by the BSPL and others think it's quite clearly ok, better wording of the regs would have cleared it all up. 

Unfortunately the rule book has been a horlicks for years. 

Yes, clear as mud. As usual!! :D

• Like 1

All this will do is put another addition to the rule book.The rule book has to many rules in it as it is.Why don't they just make every team make the declaration of their 1-7 by a certain date,obviously before any matches take place.Something like the end of February will do.

• Like 1