British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

He can say what he wants cant he to justify the move.I just look at the regulations.

I think Chris Louis as a BSPL director knows what he’s talking about more then you. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting it happened after BV did theirs and not before! 

Someone as to make a change first. It happened to be belle Vue. 

if Ipswich had made this change first no one would have batted an eyelid but because it’s a rider like Zagar for Allen everyone is up in arms for absolutely no reason whatsoever

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I think Chris Louis as a BSPL director knows what he’s talking about more then you. 

Actually I think someone who has read and understood the rulebook is better informed than Chris Louis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

Actually I think someone who has read and understood the rulebook is better informed than Chris Louis.

That’s just naughty, Arnie!

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Ipswich have form for completely ballsing up changes due to not understanding the regulations so on balance you are probably correct

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Read but not understood

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Someone as to make a change first. It happened to be belle Vue. 

if Ipswich had made this change first no one would have batted an eyelid but because it’s a rider like Zagar for Allen everyone is up in arms for absolutely no reason whatsoever

Hmm not sure that is the reason Phil, cos as MikeBV says it does make the league more competitive and that can only be a good thing. But not at the expense of the rules if that is indeed the case.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Read but not understood

I guess this is from someone who hasn't even bothered to look.Just everything is rosy as long as its your team.You could be a promoter many of those who only think of their clubs rather than the bigger picture of speedway in general.The first thing in many sports is the adherence of the rule book.Not in speedway.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I guess this is from someone who hasn't even bothered to look.Just everything is rosy as long as its your team.You could be a promoter many of those who only think of their clubs rather than the bigger picture of speedway in general.The first thing in many sports is the adherence of the rule book.Not in speedway.

The difference is though that other countries dont need a plethora of regs and sub regs around uniquely quirks of the UK, eg guesting..

Who can guest? When can they guest? Do they get a five percent allowance? Etc..

Most other countries run their Speedway like other "proper sports" run theirs...

17 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The difference is though that other countries dont need a plethora of regs and sub regs around uniquely quirks of the UK, eg guesting..

Who can guest? When can they guest? Do they get a five percent allowance? Etc..

Most other countries run their Speedway like other "proper sports" run theirs...

I must admit I have never seen a rule book from any other country so I can't comment on them.

Personally here in the UK in my opinion the team anyone starts with should be the one they finish with,barring injuries of course.This would do away with quite a few rules to start with that aren't needed anyway.We don't currently have enough money in the UK to run squads,although we have no8's now that can replace the no7's.I would still have R/R or guests for your top 5 in any team that has injuries because they still need to remain a little competitive.Or obviously they can sign someone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Personally here in the UK in my opinion the team anyone starts with should be the one they finish with,barring injuries of course.

I’m 50/50 on this point and I used to be of the same opinion. Puts more emphasis on getting your team building right from the get go, and also stops a team strengthening up to make a late surge to pip another team to the title who got their team building spot on during the winter. This has happened numerous times and can be so frustrating for the team that gets done late on. 

But on the other hand from a business point of view, this is a lot of the promoters sole income and is their livelihood. We all know that a poorly performing team can have a big impact on gate receipts. Shouldn’t a promoter be allowed to try and improve a poorly performing team to try and get a few more punters back through the gate? It’s a difficult one. 

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

He can say what he wants cant he to justify the move.I just look at the regulations.

The BSOA justified it so.

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting it happened after BV did theirs and not before! 

Not really seeing as both had to do the changes before the league starts, you know as per the rules.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’m 50/50 on this point and I used to be of the same opinion. Puts more emphasis on getting your team building right from the get go, and also stops a team strengthening up to make a late surge to pip another team to the title who got their team building spot on during the winter. This has happened numerous times and can be so frustrating for the team that gets done late on. 

But on the other hand from a business point of view, this is a lot of the promoters sole income and is their livelihood. We all know that a poorly performing team can have a big impact on gate receipts. Shouldn’t a promoter be allowed to try and improve a poorly performing team to try and get a few more punters back through the gate? It’s a difficult one. 

There are lots of things that mean you can't take UK League Speedway seriously...

And only allowing you to keep your initial team would definitely be another one of them if that was the rule..

Especially in UK Speedway where any adhoc "one night only" team can be put together which is far and away different from the septet registered at the start of the year. A septet who could all return the night later after the wholesale changes the night before..

The very essence of sport is to improve yourself so being allowed to change your team as and when you need to is fundamental to that...

All sports change personnel during the year, even the successful teams, to ensure they keep competitive..

Unfortunately, as usual, Speedway has made the transfer window rule less than clear which then leads to confusion and conspiracy theories..

Does the League Cup count? (It is a League then a Cup)..

Is it 25% to 75% of all meetings?

Or is it 25% to 75% of an individual clubs' meetings? 

Depending on your schedule/rain offs that could be significant..

Overall though it is a good idea, as clubs who struggle are bad for the overall business and brand, so the more competitive every team is, then the better the product is to sell..

7 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Not really seeing as both had to do the changes before the league starts, you know as per the rules.

I don't know what to say,as per rules:lol:.There's something in your water.