Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

will it be Kenny Bjerre?

The rider signed will ride round in front of the main stand at the first team meeting 

He will stand there in his Aces Kevlars whilst the crowd all shout       take it off , take it off

Slowly the masked helmeted ace will be revealed to the crowd to be .................

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

He'd come in under the radar

i know he's short and all that ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

https://www.bellevue-speedway.com/news/we-took-a-gamble

Lemo admits he gambled on the Dan Bewley route. 

And I agree with him regarding this. If there was a chance for Dan to return he had to go for it 

Personally I think it was risky, waiting to see if the rules changed, however once he decided to do that, surely you'd have a back up plan to still be competitive?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I think it was risky, waiting to see if the rules changed, however once he decided to do that, surely you'd have a back up plan to still be competitive?

We was already behind and struggling,  it's been a mess from start to finish,

It will be a long old season, hopefully they have learnt now to make sure the team is signed early on. Even before the end of this season 

10 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

We was already behind and struggling,  it's been a mess from start to finish,

It will be a long old season, hopefully they have learnt now to make sure the team is signed early on. Even before the end of this season 

Perhaps also look to sign riders prepared to put Belle Vue first rather than someone who only wanted to ride home meetings or another that prioritised Sweden......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps also look to sign riders prepared to put Belle Vue first rather than someone who only wanted to ride home meetings or another that prioritised Sweden......

Yes, that aswell. 

Can look as far back as letting the Worrall leave not having replacements for them 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Yes, that aswell. 

Can look as far back as letting the Worrall leave not having replacements for them 

Yes bit strange to let them go so easily, both worth their averages I would say, expect Steve to have a great season at Wolves. 

Edited by foreverblue

22 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The rider signed will ride round in front of the main stand at the first team meeting 

He will stand there in his Aces Kevlars whilst the crowd all shout       take it off , take it off

Slowly the masked helmeted ace will be revealed to the crowd to be .................

Or maybe it will be like "I'm a Celebrity" where after a couple of weeks of the same seven, another couple of riders walk into the pits unexpectedly....

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Or maybe it will be like "I'm a Celebrity" where after a couple of weeks of the same seven, another couple of riders walk into the pits unexpectedly....

Either would fit perhaps,  as both are really just those wanting possibly one last go in the lime light trying to resurrect there careers 

Edited by scoobydoo

32 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Either would fit perhaps,  as both are really just those wanting possibly one last go in the lime light trying to resurrect there careers 

My money is on Chris Morton and Andy Smith...

(Both being probably still better than some of the ones they have ended up with by the way):D

15 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Yes, that aswell. 

14 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes bit strange to let them go so easily, both worth their averages I would say, expect Steve to have a great season at Wolves. 

When you consider Belle Vue let Steve Worrall (5.94/9.05) & Richie Worrall (5.37/7.93) go, but end up with Jye Etheridge (5.22/5.35) it's awful team planning. Especially when you look at their Championship averages!

• Like 3

I think the Worralls (Mainly Steve) was mutual, as I think their careers were getting a bit stale at Belle Vue and they needed a change (again mostly Steve)

• Like 1