British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

When you consider Belle Vue let Steve Worrall (5.94/9.05) & Richie Worrall (5.37/7.93) go, but end up with Jye Etheridge (5.22/5.35) it's awful team planning. Especially when you look at their Championship averages!

I would take Richie over Jye every day of the week, always tries his best.Steve is a different level and will do very well at Wolves, maybe he wanted a move I don't know but in my opinion is  very capable of improving on his current Premiership average. 

Stevie finished the season very well last year, if he can kick off in that vein of form this time around he will put 1.5 on his average. Cant see that sort of improvement from jye so stevie or richie a must better option for the sake of .7 of a point on the average available for the next rider

All this crap about "should of kept Steve " A lot of Belle Vue fans and fans from other teams were saying that Steve had gone stale/ was having a crap season etc etc. Some even said Steve would benefit from a season away from Belle Vue, This has happened and now it's all M L fault ?. If the 3 teams who can't/won't be named, had voted to allow British riders back/ ending the 2 team rule in Poland, then Belle Vue would not be in the position they are in now. British speedway is in the mess NOT JUST BELLE VUE. Last season most fans had P/Bora down for the wooden spoon, wrong AGAIN. 

5 minutes ago, hyderd said:

All this crap about "should of kept Steve " A lot of Belle Vue fans and fans from other teams were saying that Steve had gone stale/ was having a crap season etc etc. Some even said Steve would benefit from a season away from Belle Vue, This has happened and now it's all M L fault ?. If the 3 teams who can't/won't be named, had voted to allow British riders back/ ending the 2 team rule in Poland, then Belle Vue would not be in the position they are in now. British speedway is in the mess NOT JUST BELLE VUE. Last season most fans had P/Bora down for the wooden spoon, wrong AGAIN. 

Keep blaming everyone else if it makes you feel better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wtf said:

Keep blaming everyone else if it makes you feel better.

3 out of 6 is not everyone else.

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Not sure most fans had Peterborough down as the wooden spoon, any team with Harris, Nicholls, MPT, Bjarne and Hans in surely deserves respect.

Steve Worrall may benefit away from Belle Vue and I would expect him to improve on his current average especially with a decent team manager.

4 hours ago, hyderd said:

The rule change they voted against, would've meant British Speedway not being considered a "professional league" this would've meant no restrictions if riders want to race in Poland, Sweden & Britain. But also would've meant any time Poland had a re-arranged fixture on a Monday or Thursday, they'd get priority over riders, meaning even more guests needed to be used!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The rule change they voted against, would've meant British Speedway not being considered a "professional league" this would've meant no restrictions if riders want to race in Poland, Sweden & Britain. But also would've meant any time Poland had a re-arranged fixture on a Monday or Thursday, they'd get priority over riders, meaning even more guests needed to be used!

Not just Poland, I assume. Any Swedish or Danish matches on UK nights would surely have taken priority as well.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Not just Poland, I assume. Any Swedish or Danish matches on UK nights would surely have taken priority as well.

You're right!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hyderd said:

3 out of 6 is not everyone else.

Quite rightly it was voted out as well…would have been a disaster for British speedway if it hadn’t.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 12:40 AM, szkocjasid said:

When you consider Belle Vue let Steve Worrall (5.94/9.05) & Richie Worrall (5.37/7.93) go, but end up with Jye Etheridge (5.22/5.35) it's awful team planning. Especially when you look at their Championship averages!

Belle Vue are on plan K now, the first that included signing Etheridge.

I don't know why, but it seemed to me that if Steve Worrall had a bad meeting, half of the other Belle Vue team did.  While Steve is the better brother, his peaks and troughs are steeper and last longer  I think he'd gone stale at BV.  Would have given Richie another year over Etheridge.  I do think BV should have tried to tempt Cook back to the NSS as he was on a low(ish) average.  Or is that bridge burnt?

That said Zagar was the best rider at the PCM, he'd do!  In terms of entertainment, I'd prefer Lebedevs though.

After todays no show from Blodorn is there a double incoming re-jig?

Edited by Col

2 hours ago, Col said:

Belle Vue are on plan K now, the first that included signing Etheridge.

I don't know why, but it seemed to me that if Steve Worrall had a bad meeting, half of the other Belle Vue team did.  While Steve is the better brother, his peaks and troughs are steeper and last longer  I think he'd gone stale at BV.  Would have given Richie another year over Etheridge.  I do think BV should have tried to tempt Cook back to the NSS as he was on a low(ish) average.  Or is that bridge burnt?

That said Zagar was the best rider at the PCM, he'd do!  In terms of entertainment, I'd prefer Lebedevs though.

After todays no show from Blodorn is there a double incoming re-jig?

Had Norick got his visa sorted yet??? Or was there another reason for his no show. If I was a Belle Vue fan I'd be begging for Matej to come back, but hasn't he already got his maximum amount of clubs he can ride for? He'd be a steal and one of the league top riders.

1. Max Fricke

2. Jye Etheridge

3. Matej Zagar

4. Charles Wright

5. Brady Kurtz

6. Norick Blodorn?

7. Tom Brennan

Looks like a pretty unbeatable team to me... Best rising star and 5 other amazing riders and Jye. Who should not be in the main 1-5 imo

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

If I was a Belle Vue fan I'd be begging for Matej to come back, but hasn't he already got his maximum amount of clubs he can ride for? 

AFAIK Zagar isn't riding Ekstraliga, so the ruling doesn't affect him.

5 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Had Norick got his visa sorted yet??? Or was there another reason for his no show. If I was a Belle Vue fan I'd be begging for Matej to come back, but hasn't he already got his maximum amount of clubs he can ride for? He'd be a steal and one of the league top riders.

1. Max Fricke

2. Jye Etheridge

3. Matej Zagar

4. Charles Wright

5. Brady Kurtz

6. Norick Blodorn?

7. Tom Brennan

Looks like a pretty unbeatable team to me... Best rising star and 5 other amazing riders and Jye. Who should not be in the main 1-5 imo

You would think Brennan was the best rising star but wasn't great in the playoffs and got beat fairly easily by Palin. 

I’m not convinced by the whole visa issue with blodorn. Surely he could have come over to race and then headed back to Germany if he had to. How can zagar come over for 1 meeting and not have a problem ? 

• Like 1