British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, hyderd said:

3 out of 6 is not everyone else.

Been confirmed this didnt happen..... Poland didnt change the rules... this is all Belle Vues making 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You would think Brennan was the best rising star but wasn't great in the playoffs and got beat fairly easily by Palin. 

If you mean the final Brennan scored 15+1 across the two legs and Pailin 9+3. They were both better in their away legs.

I think its a big year for them both, they should be looking to put a point or two on in each league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

I’m not convinced by the whole visa issue with blodorn. Surely he could have come over to race and then headed back to Germany if he had to. How can zagar come over for 1 meeting and not have a problem ? 

Different rules..

One is a one off individual event and the other is a "years" worth of employment by a non UK person.. 

17 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Different rules..

One is a one off individual event and the other is a "years" worth of employment by a non UK person.. 

Yes I get that but why couldn’t he get a visa for a “one off “ event and head back to Germany whilst he waits for the main one to come through. At least to get some track time and set ups etc 

43 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If you mean the final Brennan scored 15+1 across the two legs and Pailin 9+3. They were both better in their away legs.

I think its a big year for them both, they should be looking to put a point or two on in each league.

Brennan had 11 rides to Palin's 7  over the two legs. Brennan should score more with 4 extra rides!

I think Brennan has more potential but in the final Palin certainly pulled out all the stops.

54 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Different rules..

You can come as a regular visitor for a sports tournament or event provided only expenses and/or prize money are paid. For paid employment over 6 months, a visa that will basically cost you a minimum of GBP 868 for a year and takes up to 3 months to process, is now required. 

I suppose you might get conceivably get away with claiming you're just on holiday, but if you've already got a pending visa application it's going to look suspicious. 

It used to be simple and now it's not since Brexit. 

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Brennan had 11 rides to Palin's 7  over the two legs. Brennan should score more with 4 extra rides!

I think Brennan has more potential but in the final Palin certainly pulled out all the stops.

Yep fair point about the number of rides, Brennan though was one of the few BV riders who turned up and got stuck in at P'boro, he really started to look the part towards the end of the season.  

4 hours ago, Col said:

AFAIK Zagar isn't riding Ekstraliga, so the ruling doesn't affect him.

Surely it's only a matter of time before one of the Russian rider effected teams sign him up?

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You would think Brennan was the best rising star but wasn't great in the playoffs and got beat fairly easily by Palin. 

I'm sorry, as far as Palin is a brilliant prospect and really impressed a lot of people last year, Tom Brennan is on another level above imo... He's ready for the main 1-5 I believe, where Jordan needs more time at reserve

On 3/21/2022 at 8:42 AM, hyderd said:

All this crap about "should of kept Steve " A lot of Belle Vue fans and fans from other teams were saying that Steve had gone stale/ was having a crap season etc etc. Some even said Steve would benefit from a season away from Belle Vue, This has happened and now it's all M L fault ?. If the 3 teams who can't/won't be named, had voted to allow British riders back/ ending the 2 team rule in Poland, then Belle Vue would not be in the position they are in now. British speedway is in the mess NOT JUST BELLE VUE. Last season most fans had P/Bora down for the wooden spoon, wrong AGAIN. 

It seems that PZM wanted BSPL to accept being third tier, which would have meant absolutely no priority over other leagues - that is clearly not acceptable, so was rightly rejected.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 4

Shud have done this, shud have done that, Poland, BSBL, Boris, leaves on the line, excuses, excuses, at the end of the day it’s a 100% cock up by Lemon. He carnt even blame the clueless Mr Smith this time. Oh I wonder why he jumped ship? And even more concerning is Lemon is now in charge of all the club, so god help bv!! 

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Surely it's only a matter of time before one of the Russian rider effected teams sign him up?

I'm sorry, as far as Palin is a brilliant prospect and really impressed a lot of people last year, Tom Brennan is on another level above imo... He's ready for the main 1-5 I believe, where Jordan needs more time at reserve

I did say in my reply that i thought Brennan has more potential.

15 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Shud have done this, shud have done that, Poland, BSBL, Boris, leaves on the line, excuses, excuses, at the end of the day it’s a 100% cock up by Lemon. He carnt even blame the clueless Mr Smith this time. Oh I wonder why he jumped ship? And even more concerning is Lemon is now in charge of all the club, so god help bv!! 

Change the record mate, it's boring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I did say in my reply that i thought Brennan has more potential.

This is Brennan's 7th season of racing compared to Palin 4th season, you would expect Brennan to be scoring a lot more points than Palin.