British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Errrm wrong.

All other Premiership teams completed ages ago

Edited by foreverblue

7 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Lemon's had five months to sign 7 riders and is the only team manager out of 25 clubs across the three leagues who has failed to complete a team.

It seems he continually gets rewarded for failure.

Technically you are correct, but currently not all teams are complete. Plymouth and Mildenhall have each got a gap after a rider withdrew.

Edited:  And I forgot Armadale - although the locals are expecting William Lawson to be the final rider.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

he gambled on being able to sign Bewley - if he had missed out on him what would you be saying then?

100%. If there was a chance then it was worth pursuing...

And, (whisper it gently)..

It is only UK Speedway after all, therefore there isn't too much riding on it (pardon the pun). There won't be any wider media national recognition of success, nor will there be big financial rewards for any winners, And you cannot get relegated...

And the worst they can finish is sixth, meaning only two places outside the play offs, so conceivably for most of the season they will still be there or thereabouts, meaning some interest will be maintained.. 

And the NSS provides great racing so, even if they have a few defeats they will still be worth watching. 

Crowds at the old place held up very well considering the extremely poor teams the Aces had for a fair few years, (with many consecutively), and the racing was nowhere near the level of the new place.

And in Max Fricke they have a GP rider returning so that will add a few to the gate, as well as providing some real entertainment given his talent..

Jake Allen too is usually worth watching, so all in all the entertainment on view at the NSS will still be amongst the very best (if not THE best), that you will find in the UK and even wider afield...

Best of luck to the Aces this season, win lose or draw...

Oh hang on. You cant draw any more can you?:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

he gambled on being able to sign Bewley - if he had missed out on him what would you be saying then?

Didn't Dan state in September that he was giving UK a miss? 

• Like 2

Thought it was going to be a big name, i wonder what the aces supporters think of it.

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Lemon's had five months to sign 7 riders and is the only team manager out of 25 clubs across the three leagues who has failed to complete a team.

Apart from Plymouth, Mildenhall and Armadale....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Didn't Dan state in September that he was giving UK a miss? 

Scroll back through this thread and it will answer all the questions, or check Dan's Instagram account lol.

Edited by SUPERACE

Dan riding in Poland today, very good field assembled too...

Good to see him get invited to this level of events, (even if only because 3 Russians were not permitted from being there), as it can only be good for him going forward..

I'll be very happy with the the team after the cups over. 

I think 99% of the aces fans will to. 

Edited by PhilTheAce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

What about when that deal falls through which is still quite likely? 

6 hours ago, Nickinho said:

It seems he continually gets rewarded for failure.

Spot on…but oh don’t go criticising Lemon or the Lemonade Stasi will come down on you like a ton of brick, even though he’s proved to be incompetent. 

Edited by Speedtiger

7 hours ago, Nickinho said:

36 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Spot on…

How's it  "Spot on" when Lemon has completed his team, but Plymouth, Mildenhall and Armadale haven't completed their teams

Think the phrase you're looking for it "totally wrong"

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

You have been saying that for a while and the current team looks poor… whats to say this mystery rider will ever come over