Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I've heard that fricke / zagar/ bjerre are to replace bewley maybe 1 or more of them don't tell duckbill he will claim all the glory :rofl:

4 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Poole have won the Championship.  Do you believe me?

Have or will? You're not very good at this are you? 

On 10/31/2021 at 10:05 PM, tellboy said:

Blimey, long way to travel every week.Thought it would be easier on the body and mind just to fly rather than travel by road and ferry.

Most riders fly where appropriate - the mechanics by road/ferry is not done in a rush with plenty of time for rest. - some do fly if the equipment is already in situ  

21 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Yes.  If you're going to start wetting yourself thinking you're "in the know", you've got to come up with better information than something we've all been discussing for weeks, that's 99.9% certain to happen, and is just awaiting official confirmation.  

If anyone wants to impress us with inside knowledge, tell us which teams will be in which leagues for 2022 and the points limits (yes, these things have already been discussed in several pre-AGM meetings.  So the info is out there if you're "in the know").

Wasn't trying to "impress" anyone. I was only saying what I knew to be true.

As far as teams/leagues for 2022 I really couldn't give a flying $hite. I had never been to a speedway meeting until Dan started racing, then again I had never been to a MX meeting until young Bewley started riding KTM autos when he was six yrs old.

There really are some bitter individuals who think if they don't know something nobody else could possibly know.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I can understand a young rider wanting to improve and earn good money but I disappointed but unsurprised that Bewley has deserted BV and British speedway. 

His decision and many other top riders who have left the UK shows how far British speedway has gone downhill. The sport is in a pathetic bankrupt state run by a useless bunch.

I can see why he prefers Poland for the big money BUT Sweden NO!

BV signed him back in 2015 and gave him the chance in the sport and the BV fans supported him when he had his big crash and I would have expected some loyalty.

• Like 2

He has been loyal to you since 2016. The lad deserves the break and to progress his career as far as possible.

Imagine you were working in an organisation who's business plan was running that organisation to the point of bankruptcy while paying you less than you could earn elsewhere and also restricting your development because you weren't working with the best in the industry. If the opportunity came up for you to move somewhere that were forward thinking, paying better wages while also offering more development would you stay under some misguided sense of loyalty?

I wish Dan all the best hopefully he'll be back one day but that is really down to the BSPL to sort the mess out.

• Like 4

One assumes he will base himself in Poland now in which case there are umpteen reasons to race in Sweden and not the UK. Its a shame but more a reflection of the state of things over here than anything else, and it will continue to happen unless the BSPL seriously pulls its socks up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

He has been loyal to you since 2016. The lad deserves the break and to progress his career as far as possible.

Imagine you were working in an organisation who's business plan was running that organisation to the point of bankruptcy while paying you less than you could earn elsewhere and also restricting your development because you weren't working with the best in the industry. If the opportunity came up for you to move somewhere that were forward thinking, paying better wages while also offering more development would you stay under some misguided sense of loyalty?

I wish Dan all the best hopefully he'll be back one day but that is really down to the BSPL to sort the mess out.

I agree with you but really very disappointed with the way things are with speedway and at BV now.

We was a one man team and now we’ll probably be wooden spoon fodder. Lemon and the management don’t know what they are doing and should have paid Dan more money to stay. 

Just now, Speedtiger said:

I agree with you but really very disappointed with the way things are with speedway and at BV now.

We was a one man team and now we’ll probably be wooden spoon fodder. Lemon and the management don’t know what they are doing and should have paid Dan more money to stay. 

:blink:

Money and logistics riding in Sweden, sponsors, opposition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

British Speedway simply can't afford the kind of figures required to compete. Poland & Sweden means one set of bikes that can be driven between the two, Poland and UK means two sets of bikes and thats without all the other odds and ends. It would take Belle Vue approx £40-50k at the start of the season just to be on level terms with Sweden and thats before points money, sponsorship, opposition, travelling etc. No clubs should be breaking the bank to keep riders, the UK has to accept that its a training ground now for the other continental leagues and retirement home for the sports aging stars. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

British Speedway simply can't afford the kind of figures required to compete. Poland & Sweden means one set of bikes that can be driven between the two, Poland and UK means two sets of bikes and thats without all the other odds and ends. It would take Belle Vue approx £40-50k at the start of the season just to be on level terms with Sweden and thats before points money, sponsorship, opposition, travelling etc. No clubs should be breaking the bank to keep riders, the UK has to accept that its a training ground now for the other continental leagues and retirement home for the sports aging stars. 

Yes accept all that but loosing quality riders will be the final nail in the British speedway coffin. Actually the sport in the UK is as good as dead now. The clueless clowns running clubs and speedway are to blame. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Yes accept all that but loosing quality riders will be the final nail in the British speedway coffin. Actually the sport in the UK is as good as dead now. The clueless clowns running clubs and speedway are to blame. 

The vast problem with the current running of the sport is that the promotions are only looking after their own business interests rather than being custodians of the sport. Yes you are right the nails have been firmly banged in and the sport in Britain continues to focus on today and the top tiers. The NDL has been destroyed and yet so many of the now top flight riders came through that route. Until the UK can produce riders of a good standard there will be nothing left, being able to keep them racing in Britain may prove more difficult but not impossible. Plans for the next 10 years plus are needed but most promotions aren't likely to even still be involved in that timescale so why do they care.

Good points BUT the people running the show can not think 10 minutes ahead let alone 10 years. I fear they’ll be more clubs going to the wall this winter, promoters can’t not keep loosing money season after season and financially supporting clubs just for fun. 

We now have the top 3 British riders all riding in Europe and not available for Britain all because of the Polish extra league rule of two clubs only.

in the past many riders have ridden in GB , Poland and Sweden…..

I wish Dan all the best even though I am gutted that he is missing….

For me he is the most talented British rider since Peter Collins.

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

One assumes he will base himself in Poland now in which case there are umpteen reasons to race in Sweden and not the UK. Its a shame but more a reflection of the state of things over here than anything else, and it will continue to happen unless the BSPL seriously pulls its socks up. 

Wonder if Steve Lawson will help another young rider. So much experience and a lot to give.