Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Best option would be to sign 6 riders & leave 3.00 available for An Other!

Sign Anders Rowe (4.35) but keep it a secret so he starts the season in Champ only!

Then sign him up after Championship has started on his converted ave 3.99 / 1.5 = minimum 3.00 ave!

When his rolling ave kicks in 4.35 drop him for Jye Etheridge, who also only started in the Champ on his converted ave 5.35 / 1.5 = minimum 4.00 ave.

When Etheridge's rolling ave kicks in (5.22) drop him for Michael P Toft, who also only started in the Champ on his converted ave 7.33 / 1.5 = 4.89.

End up with Palm Toft on his (7.17) rolling ave,  instead of the 3.00 used to build your team!

Only have to finish 4th out of 6 to make play-offs, so don't have to worry about starting off weaker!

I know this won't happen, but does show how current regulations can easily be manipulated without breaking any rules!

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Best option would be to sign 6 riders & leave 3.00 available for An Other!

Sign Anders Rowe (4.35) but keep it a secret so he starts the season in Champ only!

Then sign him up after Championship has started on his converted ave 3.99 / 1.5 = minimum 3.00 ave!

When his rolling ave kicks in 4.35 drop him for Jye Etheridge, who also only started in the Champ on his converted ave 5.35 / 1.5 = minimum 4.00 ave.

When Etheridge's rolling ave kicks in (5.22) drop him for Michael P Toft, who also only started in the Champ on his converted ave 7.33 / 1.5 = 4.89.

End up with Palm Toft on his (7.17) rolling ave,  instead of the 3.00 used to build your team!

Only have to finish 4th out of 6 to make play-offs, so don't have to worry about starting off weaker!

I know this won't happen, but does show how current regulations can easily be manipulated without breaking any rules!

Their averages in the Championship won't be converted as they already have a PL average.Even if they don't get a PL place until July they will still use their last average from the PL from last season.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Their averages in the Championship won't be converted as they already have a PL average.Even if they don't get a PL place until July they will still use their last average from the PL from last season.

No they don't, Adam Ellis had a Champ & Prem ave from 2019, but signed for Scunthorpe on a converted Prem ave! Unless they rules are different for moving up compared to dropping down?

Edited by szkocjasid

Geoff,, Geoff,, come on Geoff where are you,, we are all waiting to see your all conquering team.  Don't let us down Geoff by disappearing again. 

• Haha 1

Board so i will play along.

Fricke  8.81

Kurtz  7 35

Tungate  6.59

S Worrall  5.94

Wright  5.92

J Stewart  4.00 / K Andersen   4.36  / Palin as what Ipswich did with Rowe. 4 point assessed rider like Basso etc

R/Star. Brennan

38.97 with Andersen's average

Edited by B.V 72

team 2

Fricke 8.81

Bjerre 7.75

Tungate 6.59

Musielak  6.21

Batchelor  5.57

Stewart/Palin/Basso  4.00

R/star Brennan

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

To be fair,, both those teams are good,,, but the second one would be a title winner if Batch even slightly improved,,, I would imagine unstoppable at home. 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

To be fair,, both those teams are good,,, but the second one would be a title winner if Batch even slightly improved,,, I would imagine unstoppable at home. 

Well I can't believe he would do the same or worse! Only problem is BV not having a home track advantage so they have to be on it all the time! 

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

No they don't, Adam Ellis had a Champ & Prem ave from 2019, but signed for Scunthorpe on a converted Prem ave! Unless they rules are different for moving up compared to dropping down?

Or different rules for Godfreys Scunthorpe.....

1. Max Fricke
2. Charles Wright
3. Steve Worrall
4. Jaimon Lidsey
5. Brady Kurtz
6. Keynan Rew

Not sure if Lidsey is riding Sweden in 2022 tho 

9 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

1. Max Fricke
2. Charles Wright
3. Steve Worrall
4. Jaimon Lidsey