British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Yes not sure why that is, but can't be speedway loses, with no speedway.  The 3 meetings Belle Vue ran during 2020 broke even from what I remember being reported.

I assume they will still have had significant overheads during that year, such as promoters wages, stadium rental, rate contributions etc (this is pure guesswork, as I have no knowledge of Belle Vue's agreement with its promoters or landlords). So those losses could be speedway losses.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Not forgetting the programme insert that they put into old programmes for meetings that have been rained off, really encourages people does that.

As someone who used to buy and read programmes at all meetings I attended my pet hate was a rain off issue that had no connection with my team being sold for full price with an insert. No one likes it and programme collectors hate it.

In the current climate surely it’s better to save it for when the original team returns and just offer this with an up to date insert, at the very least it’s of interest to both sets of fans. 

Bearing in mind 75% of a programme is Owners, Promoters, Team Managers and Team Captains welcoming the visiting Owners, Promoters, Team Managers and Team and thanking Sponsors and pages upon pages of adverts it’s a wonder anyone still buys it.

I am aware that all copies of programmes go to the BSPL to ensure no one says something out of line and risk a fine but this practice has over time made a lot of programmes bland and uninspiring unfortunately.

Since 2014 I have used an iPad spreadsheet (I produced myself) to follow matches although I still glance through the programme I get with my ST.

I no longer buy programmes at away venues and haven’t for years, although I might look at an Eastbourne copy to see why it won programme of the year in the recent star awards.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

Assuming they didn't take over any debts from the previous promotion?

I can’t think this bv promotion would take on any old debts as it was a new start business and not there responsibility. I fairly sure and remember a article in the speedway star that  the council held a huge sum of cash back from the builder for the defective track problem so that would clear most if not all debts. 

12 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

No as it doesn't show what was previous debt carried over from the old promotion, or what that debt Is, could be linked to a payment plan with the council.

I think you’ll find arnieg is correct. As at 31 December 2020, the company had £1,000 of share capital and £633,975 of accumulated losses leaving it with a net deficit of £632,975. This was made up of business assets totalling £185,144 and total liabilities, most of which will be monies owed to the owners, of £818,119.

The business lost approximately £271k in 2017, £153k in 2018, £94k in 2019 and £115k in 2020. As the club only ran a handful of meetings in 2020, my assumption is that it is fixed overheads that are causing the huge losses rather than day to day running of meetings 

Edited by Wee Eck
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 7:54 AM, baxiboy said:

It doesn’t apply to diesel vans with euro 6 engines which modern vans have had from about 2015 onwards. Plenty of sponsored new vans in speedway so I guess most riders won’t be affected. 

very true, except it's from 66 plate onwards, 2015 has the Euro 5 engine, still an unfair tax though, on the less well off.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:53 AM, bigcatdiary said:

As someone who used to buy and read programmes at all meetings I attended my pet hate was a rain off issue that had no connection with my team being sold for full price with an insert. No one likes it and programme collectors hate it.

In the current climate surely it’s better to save it for when the original team returns and just offer this with an up to date insert, at the very least it’s of interest to both sets of fans. 

Bearing in mind 75% of a programme is Owners, Promoters, Team Managers and Team Captains welcoming the visiting Owners, Promoters, Team Managers and Team and thanking Sponsors and pages upon pages of adverts it’s a wonder anyone still buys it.

I am aware that all copies of programmes go to the BSPL to ensure no one says something out of line and risk a fine but this practice has over time made a lot of programmes bland and uninspiring unfortunately.

Since 2014 I have used an iPad spreadsheet (I produced myself) to follow matches although I still glance through the programme I get with my ST.

I no longer buy programmes at away venues and haven’t for years, although I might look at an Eastbourne copy to see why it won programme of the year in the recent star awards.

I guess because the pieces written by the team managers and promoters are so out of date a few weeks down the line?

The young German lad Norick Blödorn confirmed at reserve.

Looked impressive at the PC meeting on borrowed gear so hopefully a good signing for us 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:04 PM, Wee Eck said:

I think you’ll find arnieg is correct. As at 31 December 2020, the company had £1,000 of share capital and £633,975 of accumulated losses leaving it with a net deficit of £632,975. This was made up of business assets totalling £185,144 and total liabilities, most of which will be monies owed to the owners, of £818,119.

The business lost approximately £271k in 2017, £153k in 2018, £94k in 2019 and £115k in 2020. As the club only ran a handful of meetings in 2020, my assumption is that it is fixed overheads that are causing the huge losses rather than day to day running of meetings 

Them figures are incredibly bad and certainly no laughing matter.
After five years in charge at bv and not really taking the club forward at all and not running it as a proper business racking up five years of huge losses surely it’s now time for Smith and Lemon to be sacked and new good managers put in place who know what they are doing as the big question is how long can these enormous losses continue before the club goes bust? The way thing is, speedway has zero chance of recovering from its bankrupt state and the people running the sport have proved they are clueless in how to change things around and I’m sure many other clubs are also losing a lot of money.

29 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Them figures are incredibly bad and certainly no laughing matter.
After five years in charge at bv and not really taking the club forward at all and not running it as a proper business racking up five years of huge losses surely it’s now time for Smith and Lemon to be sacked and new good managers put in place who know what they are doing as the big question is how long can these enormous losses continue before the club goes bust? The way thing is, speedway has zero chance of recovering from its bankrupt state and the people running the sport have proved they are clueless in how to change things around and I’m sure many other clubs are also losing a lot of money.

with the greatest of respect what will sacking Smith and Lemon do to the finances of Belle Vue? what will a good manager do? winning the league isnt going to create of influx of funds. ive said before there's no prestige to winning anything in Speedway in this country outside of World Events, Put simply the wider population doesn't care who wins the leagues etc so the losses will be the same 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

with the greatest of respect what will sacking Smith and Lemon do to the finances of Belle Vue? what will a good manager do? winning the league isnt going to create of influx of funds. ive said before there's no prestige to winning anything in Speedway in this country outside of World Events, Put simply the wider population doesn't care who wins the leagues etc so the losses will be the same 

Well ok but they are supposed to run the club as a business and there first priority is make money. They failed and the club will go bust if they continue to be in place. They have the best track and stadium and yet in 5 years in charge have just gone through the motions, they are lazy and just playing at it and haven’t promoted bv and taken the club forward. These people are supposed to be top well paid management and really they haven’t a clue how to run a speedway club. Them horrendous figures speak for themselves and is factual proof that they don’t know what they doing. That’s why they should be given the boot and that’s how real serious business works, if you can’t cut it, you’re out! 

1 hour ago, Bradford Ace said:

Looked impressive at the PC meeting on borrowed gear so hopefully a good signing for us 

looks a good prospect, seen him in Czech Republic and Germany and he's looked really good both times, possibly better than Basso that everyone is raving about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bradford Ace said:

Wasn’t on borrowed equipment, brought his own over.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Well ok but they are supposed to run the club as a business and there first priority is make money. They failed and the club will go bust if they continue to be in place. They have the best track and stadium and yet in 5 years in charge have just gone through the motions, they are lazy and just playing at it and haven’t promoted bv and taken the club forward. These people are supposed to be top well paid management and really they haven’t a clue how to run a speedway club. Them horrendous figures speak for themselves and is factual proof that they don’t know what they doing. That’s why they should be given the boot and that’s how real serious business works, if you can’t cut it, you’re out! 

But Lemon doesnt control any of that 

2 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

What's his average and what does that leave for the last two riders?

13 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

What's his average and what does that leave for the last two riders?

Comes in on a 4

Leaves 13.02

Very happy with this signing, hes only going one way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1