British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Col said:

A 17 year old German with no British experience on a 4.00 average. Risky. I hope the lad has a Championship club lined up.  Fricke will probably top the averages, decent back.up in the form of Wright & Kurtz, Brennan will improve.

Think Aces need a couple of solid middle order scorers.

A 17 year old who's world under 21 final performances are, for his age, better than:

Zmarzlik

Dudek

Pawlicki

Janowski

Kubera

Smektala

...should do ok

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, arnieg said:

A 17 year old who's world under 21 final performances are, for his age, better than:

Zmarzlik

Dudek

Pawlicki

Janowski

Kubera

Smektala

...should do ok

Yes don't think too much can be read in to those stats, riders develop at different stages in their career. Definitely a good prospect and a snip on his average. 

• Like 2

Well we're down to 5 riders, 2 to go. 

I have to say I'm pretty happy with the team so far.

We have 13.02 left for 2 riders. Who would your last 2 riders from this list be 

Rasmus jensen -7.86

Kenny bjerre - 7.96

NKI -7.75

Thorsell -7.33

Josh G - 7.00

KK - 6.96

Zagar -7.52

Holder -7 14 (if persuaded to drop swe)

Tungate - 6.53

BWD - 5.47

Nicol - 5 23

Allen - 4.80

Jye - 5.22

Barker - 5.33

Fred jakobsen - 5.04

Huckenbeck - 5.66

Other honourable mentions are, lebedevs,milik, jeppeson, but highly unlikely them. 

The 2 I'd choose are holder and huckenbeck. 

Remember it wouldn't be a disaster to go with 2 5 pointers, yes we will start weak but it's not how u start a season. Its how u finish. And we will have plenty of points to play with to make changes if and when needed

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Rasmus jensen -7.86

Kenny bjerre - 7.96

NKI -7.75

Thorsell -7.33

Josh G - 7.00

KK - 6.96

Zagar -7.52

Tungate - 6.53

BWD - 5.47

Nicol - 5 23

Allen - 4.80

Jye - 5.22

Barker - 5.33

Fred jakobsen - 5.04

Huckenbeck - 5.66

Other honourable mentions are, lebedevs,milik, jeppeson, but highly unlikely them. 

Remember it wouldn't be a disaster to go with 2 5 pointers, yes we will start weak but it's not how u start a season. Its how u finish. And we will have plenty of points to play with to make changes if and when needed

Tungate , Allen

Rasmus Jensen would be a great signing IMO if you could get him and Allen think its a decent side 

Huckenbeck would be a very good signing on his average if he can be persuaded.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Wrong again.  The Belle Vue company directors are William Anthony Rice and Robin Simon Southwell.  They're the people responsible for the club.

But in more interesting matters, Blodorn looks like a decent signing.  Good to see a young newcomer coming to British Speedway.  He seems to be quite a prospect.

Wrong again.  The Belle Vue company directors are William Anthony Rice and Robin Simon Southwell.  They're the people responsible for the club.

Ok but you are splitting hairs…I didn’t say he is a company director I said he a director (speedway) of the club and that means he’s responsible for running the club along with side kick Smith. The success or failure and the enormous losses is 100% down to them to. And as I’ve said before after 5 years of failure they should be given the boot. But we will see. 

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Zmarzlik

Dudek

Pawlicki

Janowski

Kubera

Smektala

...should do ok

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes don't think too much can be read in to those stats, riders develop at different stages in their career. Definitely a good prospect and a snip on his average. 

I would tend to agree with arnieg but it does always come back to me that at u21 Savalas Clouting initially was performing similarly to Leigh Adams......

• Haha 2

Would try and get razzer will do a good job home and away and he is a 3 times cup winner H18TORY :party:

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Rasmus jensen -7.86

Kenny bjerre - 7.96

NKI -7.75

Thorsell -7.33

Josh G - 7.00

KK - 6.96

Zagar -7.52

Tungate - 6.53

BWD - 5.47

Nicol - 5 23

Allen - 4.80

Jye - 5.22

Barker - 5.33

Fred jakobsen - 5.04

Huckenbeck - 5.66

I would definitely go for Holder and Huckenbeck and second choices would be Jensen and Allen.

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I would tend to agree with arnieg but it does always come back to me that at u21 Savalas Clouting initially was performing similarly to Leigh Adams......

Absolutely, it is an indication of potential - there is no guarantee that it will be fulfilled

• Like 1

I dont want to take a massive dump on the belle Vue bonfire but surely most the names on the first list would have made themselves available and signed to ride now so they could arrange mechanics, sponsors etc.  Of course unless something breaks that is in place elsewhere?

The bottom list I can see potentially any 2 completing the team but it will be way under but it's all about what a rider scores this year not last year 

16 hours ago, arnieg said:

Zmarzlik

Dudek

Pawlicki

Janowski

Kubera

Smektala

...should do ok

No pressure then!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 8:16 AM, PhilTheAce said:

Rasmus jensen -7.86

Kenny bjerre - 7.96

NKI -7.75

Thorsell -7.33

Josh G - 7.00

KK - 6.96

Zagar -7.52

Tungate - 6.53

BWD - 5.47

Nicol - 5 23

Allen - 4.80

Jye - 5.22

Barker - 5.33

Fred jakobsen - 5.04

Huckenbeck - 5.66

Josh G and Huckenbeck  for me.