British Speedway Forum

Tungates well liked at belle Vue, his performances and passing at home was a joy. 

Away from NSS, well..........

I always say it's home where  we loose the most matches and loose any 2 legged ties. So getting some homies is the way to go for belle Vue 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I always say it's home where  we loose the most matches and loose any 2 legged ties. So getting some homies is the way to go for belle Vue 

Belle Vue is an unbelievable racetrack, but there’s little home advantage is there, every rider likes going there, got to get the set up right for sure but not got the same sort of home advantage of say monmore green or other smaller more technical tracks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Belle Vue is an unbelievable racetrack, but there’s little home advantage is there, every rider likes going there, got to get the set up right for sure but not got the same sort of home advantage of say monmore green or other smaller more technical tracks

Hyde road was just the same.At the end of the day , in the play off the team that rides the best wins irrespective of any home track advantage or lack of it.

18 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Hyde road was just the same.At the end of the day , in the play off the team that rides the best wins irrespective of any home track advantage or lack of it.

I think that's true. However, in the past riders who rode at smaller tracks didn't have the power or set ups to compete on big, fast tracks.  It seems to me that modern bikes are built for speed and fast tracks so much less advantage for us at the NSS.

• Like 1

tracks like BV sort the 4 out on track from rider to racer.

big track should be more common

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I feel like Tungate and BWD could be a likely combo. One already racing in the UK the other knows his was around. Might be a point under but both decent at home and wouldn't break the bank like others listed.

Allen over bwd any day or nite of week,bargin av

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

It's Woffinden 

You will find out on Monday

4 hours ago, 89buttons said:

This ^^.  It's why the Aces usually struggle to win trophies, most riders thought / think "oh boy we're at Belle Vue next week, brilliant", especially in the Hyde Rd days & now at the NSS....

12 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Announcement from Tai on Monday about team place !

Must be Birmingham

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Fricke 

? What's left?

Woffinden

Wright 

Kurtz 

Blodorn 

Brennan 

4 hours ago, coldace said:

I think that's true. However, in the past riders who rode at smaller tracks didn't have the power or set ups to compete on big, fast tracks.  It seems to me that modern bikes are built for speed and fast tracks so much less advantage for us at the NSS.

There are almost no "small tracks" now Kirky Lame, Arlington & Purfleet are gone. Some riders couldn't be bothered to try to learn how to ride them then..... Why would they now?

Give me a EoESg or NSS over Monmore, as a spectacle, but racing at "small tracks" is more interesting to watch than a follow the leader fest at a big (Swindon) or slick medium (Poole/Brandon) track.

3 hours ago, stevehone said:

tracks like BV sort the 4 out on track from rider to racer.

big track should be more common

Big.Track.Common

I wonder what average Woffy would come in on? Last rode here in 2016 finishing with 7.03 I believe, then there would be the 2.5% British discount........