British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Edinburgh v Poole KO Cup Final 1st leg - 2.30pm Saturday 23rd October

So how will the Monarchs do riding their 3rd big meeting in as many days?

Subject to anything untoward happening in the 2 Glasgow play-off ties, Both teams as expected although Poole have Glasgow's Connor Bailey guesting for Stefan Neilsen at reserve! (presumably saving Zach Cook potentially for the play-offs?!).

Thoughts

55 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So how will the Monarchs do riding their 3rd big meeting in as many days?

Subject to anything untoward happening in the 2 Glasgow play-off ties, Both teams as expected although Poole have Glasgow's Connor Bailey guesting for Stefan Neilsen at reserve! (presumably saving Zach Cook potentially for the play-offs?!).

Thoughts

Ooooh, good guest! Happy with that :t:

46 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

Could this become the playoff final or could it be on after IF Edinburgh win?

Should be. Playoffs should come first imo.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Should be. Playoffs should come first imo.

I am sure it will if edinburgh win against  glasgow .dont matter what way it's  done still got to fit the other meeting in at home as well 

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

I am sure it will if edinburgh win against  glasgow .dont matter what way it's  done still got to fit the other meeting in at home as well 

Yes, but rather complete the league than KOC if can't fit both in cos of the weather. 

Can't see the fixtures being swapped but if they were, presumably Poole would lose Connor Bailey as a guest?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Can't see the fixtures being swapped but if they were, presumably Poole would lose Connor Bailey as a guest?

Surely if edinburgh win against  glasgow it will be the league play of first far more important than the cup ?

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Surely if edinburgh win against  glasgow it will be the league play of first far more important than the cup ?

Why would they change it? Programmes will have been printed, guests assembled based on cup rules etc. They’ll run it as planned. Don’t seen Edinburgh coming through the tie though so is fairly academic. 

Edited by JanAndersen
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Whatever it is I’d pay double not to listen to Steven Craigen. 

I know he's absolutely brutal. Can understand why he's there works for QTV, went to that speedway before. But really hope if this continues just use Michael and Phil lanning

4 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Why?

If you're thinking of the 8 day rule, he's allowed to ride for his team and guest for another within that period. Two guest visits wouldn't be allowed though.

Depending on the weather forecast next week I suppose Wednesday 27th could always become a double-header? 

But all things being equal I would think any combination of Fri/Sat/Sun would be chosen for the play-off final legs subject to the availability of Stadium staff at Poole?!

Possibly next Sunday for second leg of final at Poole?