British Speedway Forum

Lets hope the Isle of Wight format can be rolled out at other tracks too. While not a replacement for speedway it's an excellent opportunity for part time riders to race use their equipment and possibly get paid. Well done to the promoters for taking such a bold step.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, gazzac said:

I suppose I should say I have done a couple since that time to see current (ish) bikes, worse thing is living in Chichester there's never any close by to speak of unless I venture into Kent, although did see Kelvin Tatums last ride at the Bonfire Burnup ( which he won) and some time ago saw a very young Lewis Denham mop up a meeting near Gatwick airport. Talking about it makes me feel I should try and get to a few next year.

There's been a couple at Owlselbury, near Winchester this year and already one planned there in April. Kent has quite a few tracks, GTSA run near Frittenden and have applied for next years Masters, probably run a couple of more meetings as well. Astra have announced they'll run the Champion of Champions at Swingfield in September. Frittenden Club, in my opinion one of the best clubs with one of the best tracks in the country, usually run the Battle of Britain in May, Summer Pairs in July and the Frittenden Flyer in September. Club level meetings but because the track's so good always get a fantastic entry. All these meeting should be worth watching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ledbury Spooktacular both days cancelled due to waterlogged track

Yes I saw it yesterday. What a pity as it was an excellent line up. Blame climate change we never had rainfall like this in the past it was always crisp, cold and dry.

In the 50 years I've been involved with Grasstrack there have been many meetings in October affected by or cancelled due to rain, but the same is true of every other month. Frittenden in July and the British Championships at Ledbury in August were both abandoned. I blame Brexit :lol: 

Agreed but it's become a deluge. Something drastic has happened to our climate we haven't had a single frost yet. I remember cold frosty nights rounding off the speedway season. Naa can't blame Brexit on this one lol. Modern bikes don't like mud and safety is such an issue with the bikes going so fast. As I've bleated on before stadium racing would be useful though most have had houses built on them.