British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Then when he moves out of reserve Berwick have one big hitter being backed up Ricky Wells at No.5 and that won't cut it when other teams will have 2/3 big hitters.

Harris needs support in Heat 13's & 15. 

Harris will have support at Home matches IMO.Wells will be a capable No5 at Home .IMO. Teams on paper mean nothing though, as has been proved in the past in the Sport.

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Harris will have support at Home matches IMO.Wells will be a capable No5 at Home .IMO. Teams on paper mean nothing though, as has been proved in the past in the Sport.

No right or wrong way to build a team. Look at Poole and Glasgow, entirely different make ups got to the final. Personal preference is a strong 1 and 5 and at least one good reserve, but the only correct one will be the one that wind the league

10 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Then when he moves out of reserve Berwick have one big hitter being backed up Ricky Wells at No.5 and that won't cut it when other teams will have 2/3 big hitters.

Harris needs support in Heat 13's & 15. 

He has, it’s going to Leon Flint, who’s average now isn’t what it will be at the end of the season 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jaizer said:

No right or wrong way to build a team. Look at Poole and Glasgow, entirely different make ups got to the final. Personal preference is a strong 1 and 5 and at least one good reserve, but the only correct one will be the one that wind the league

Although from a statistical point of view the optimum is a strong top 2 (because they get 5 rides instead of 4 due to ht 15) and a strong number 6 ( who can take an extra ride for the weaker reserve). 

So something like King, Nicholls, Thomson, Nicol, Etheridge, Ben Cook, Atkin.

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Although from a statistical point of view the optimum is a strong top 2 (because they get 5 rides instead of 4 due to ht 15) and a strong number 6 ( who can take an extra ride for the weaker reserve). 

So something like King, Nicholls, Thomson, Nicol, Etheridge, Ben Cook, Atkin.

That's how I'd build a side personally too. As you say strong 13 and 15 and on paper always a strong reserve if any of middle 3 having an off day and no pressure on no 7 to let them develop

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

1 more big hitter for Berwick then they'll have the dark horses tag next season.

Need someone like R. Worrall, H. Andersen, A. Ellis or Jorgy.

Craig Cook and Greg Blair to finish off.Would be strong team but maybe not too popular with some fans

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, alang said:

Craig Cook and Greg Blair to finish off.Would be strong team but maybe not too popular with some fans

Would suit me :lol:

53 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Would suit me :lol:

Cookies tweet after the final felt a bit like a goodbye to me. Might not be the wildest thought that it could happen

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

I’d take that 

Good lad is Cookie 

2 hours ago, alang said:

I don’t think Cook would fit in with the Ethos of no Ego’s at Berwick

Just now, Heedthebaw said:

I don’t think Cook would fit in with the Ethos of no Ego’s at Berwick

I don’t think he has an ego… there are issues I believe but an environment less pressured then Glasgow might be just what he needs! And be fair…. We’d seen learn to love him banging in double scores at our place! We all know how good he is at our place! 

1 minute ago, Bandits4eva said:

I don’t think he has an ego… there are issues I believe but an environment less pressured then Glasgow might be just what he needs! And be fair…. We’d seen learn to love him banging in double scores at our place! We all know how good he is at our place! 

Probably to high an average sadly, he would be a tremendous signing if we were able to fit him in 

I don't claim to be in any inner circle but I've never thought of cookie as having an ego. Always came across as a popular captain, willing to help his teammates and share information. Only gave it up to concentrate on his own form. I don't want to see him leave but just a feeling in my stomach he may. A happy settled Craig Cook on a sub 9 average is a helluva proposition imo

8 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I don't claim to be in any inner circle but I've never thought of cookie as having an ego. Always came across as a popular captain, willing to help his teammates and share information. Only gave it up to concentrate on his own form. I don't want to see him leave but just a feeling in my stomach he may. A happy settled Craig Cook on a sub 9 average is a helluva proposition imo

Going by his piece in the Star this week and how settled he feels at Glasgow Cookie is a shoe in to return to the stripes.

Would be madness on our part to let him leave after dropping 1.5 Points or thereabouts this season.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3