British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

9 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Woeful? He'd be exactly the kind of rider brum should have signed up for number 4 berth based on who is available! Experienced and knowledge of all tracks and more than capable of adding a point or point and a half on his 5.42 starting average

Who else do you guys have in the pipeline now then?

Gappmeier, Bates and Sedgman? At a push adam ellis?

Im lost to see who LR brings in, especially at no1 that can make you turn around and call proctor a woeful signing. As recently as 2019 he averaged 7.27 for Leicester. He is a steal on that basis

I do enjoy this time of the season....

The time when the vast majority of all riders are signed due to them being very much the last resort, yet, with all of them invariably being riders who could "easily put a point or more on his average"...

When, in reality, they have had several years of opportumity to do just that riding for all and sundry, but haven't...

The pre season preview edition of the Speedway Star is a great read so it will be worth playing "Peterborough and Workington Bingo" to see how many times their league winning teams from last season, and a few years ago, are referenced by promoters justifying why their septets are not going to be also rans...

With "we have "deliberately" put this team together with "strength in depth" to always have a strong reserve", and "you only have to look at what Peterborough did last year/Workington did a few years ago" getting you a full house if, "he is yet another one in the team who could easily put a point or more on their averages" is mentioned writhin the same club review.. :D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Woeful? He'd be exactly the kind of rider brum should have signed up for number 4 berth based on who is available! Experienced and knowledge of all tracks and more than capable of adding a point or point and a half on his 5.42 starting average

Who else do you guys have in the pipeline now then?

Gappmeier, Bates and Sedgman? At a push adam ellis?

Im lost to see who LR brings in, especially at no1 that can make you turn around and call proctor a woeful signing. As recently as 2019 he averaged 7.27 for Leicester. He is a steal on that basis

I'd much rather have Gappmaier than Proctor and according to this forum, so would most Berwick posters....

Woeful may be harsh, but I use the term woeful, not to describe the rider, but to describe the signing based on what Berwick had to play with

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Come back when your team is revealed and we’ll compare! :rolleyes:

:lol: I can't see us bettering Harris with a new number 1, or having one of the best prospects (Flint) in the country in middle order....but I do hope that Rogers can give us something to cheer about with our final 3 signings......

Berwick's final 7 seem way behind Glasgow, Poole/Edinburgh/Plymouth/Leicester/Oxford(possibly)......

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I'd much rather have Gappmaier than Proctor and according to this forum, so would most Berwick posters....

Woeful may be harsh, but I use the term woeful, not to describe the rider, but to describe the signing based on what Berwick had to play with

Thats fair enough then in that context. Gappmeier would be a good pick up for brum. Genuinely intrigued byt the brum situation at present. I hope you pull out some wildcards!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Well your  team have a lot more to pay with than Berwick had,so we’ll see what 7 point riders they come up with !

9 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Well your  team have a lot more to pay with than Berwick had,so we’ll see what 7 point riders they come up with !

Not sure about 'pay'? but definitely 'play' ! :D

• Haha 1

These are still ‘covid’ times so a U.K. based rider attracts as a better option.

If he had a poor attitude at Leicester then he is going to have to show the management greater effort to repay their faith in him. 
Like Bridger you only have so many chances in this sport.

• Like 1

The signing of Proctor doesn't turn Berwick into a poor team overnight, but I believe it is a poor signing giving what was their to spend on the final team place. 

• Like 2

Proctor is a much better rider than his current average shows. Before covid, his average was always around the 7.50+ mark and I think If he can get back to this level Berwick will make the playoffs for the first time since 2014. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Normski said:

Proctor is a much better rider than his current average shows. Before covid, his average was always around the 7.50+ mark and I think If he can get back to this level Berwick will make the playoffs for the first time since 2014. 

Yes indeed   He has scored well at Berwick in past admittedly not last season but seemed on a downer 2021

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

Yes indeed   He has scored well at Berwick in past admittedly not last season but seemed on a downer 2021

Like to know when he scored well at Berwick,I obviously wasn’t there.

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Like to know when he scored well at Berwick,I obviously wasn’t there.

Workington Comets = 45

1. Rene Bach - 3, R, 1, 3, 0 = 7
2. Rasmus Jensen - 2', X, 3, 1', 2, R = 8+2
3. Ty Proctor - 0, 2', 2, 3, 3, 3 = 13+1
4. Dan Bewley - 2, 3, 3, 0, 0 = 8
5. Nicolai Klindt R/R (DB - 3, RJ - 3, RB - 1, TP - 3 = 10)
6. Kyle Bickley - 0, 0, 0, (AM - 1) = 0
7. Ashley Morris (G) - 3, 1, 1, R, 1, 3 = 9

• Like 1

Just now, Normski said:

Workington Comets = 45

1. Rene Bach - 3, R, 1, 3, 0 = 7
2. Rasmus Jensen - 2', X, 3, 1', 2, R = 8+2
3. Ty Proctor - 0, 2', 2, 3, 3, 3 = 13+1
4. Dan Bewley - 2, 3, 3, 0, 0 = 8
5. Nicolai Klindt R/R (DB - 3, RJ - 3, RB - 1, TP - 3 = 10)
6. Kyle Bickley - 0, 0, 0, (AM - 1) = 0
7. Ashley Morris (G) - 3, 1, 1, R, 1, 3 = 9

Be lucky if all his others scores at Berwick add up to that one though:P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Be lucky if all his others scores at Berwick add up to that one though:P

Workington Comets = 37

1. Craig Cook - 2, 2, 3, 3, 3 = 13
2. Mason Campton - F/X, 0, (MW - 2, RMD - 0) = 0 (Withdrawn)
3. Ty Proctor - 2, 6^, R, R = 8

Everyone slating Proctor about last season and poor maintenance of his gear ??

If I’m right he was working full time for Amazon or another retailer and doing speedway. , so this season he will definitely up his average at Berwick 

• Like 3