British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

2 minutes ago, mc131 said:

There is a few in cl who he beats so can't be tht far off and he has won races at tht level before 

Not an upgrade on Bickley though, which is the point of this team change 

2 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Not an upgrade on Bickley though, which is the point of this team change 

Is Stoneman? Surely the upgrade is getting Knudson?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Is Stoneman? Surely the upgrade is getting Knudson?

Stoneman definitely showed a liking for our track in the Bullets vs Chargers meeting… worth a punt for sure! Knudsen I’m excited to see though! 

• Like 1

Bit surprised Berwick didn't go for Greg Blair instead of Stoneman. I thought the Bullets were supposed to be future Bandits?

34 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Bit surprised Berwick didn't go for Greg Blair instead of Stoneman. I thought the Bullets were supposed to be future Bandits?

Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge only Oxford used their own CL rider to replace a 6/7 who was injured so far this season even as a guest for those clubs with NDL sides. 

Edinburgh never used an armadale rider to replace sarj. Berwick have signed stoneman over one of their sides.  Plymouth signed mcgurck over one of their riders to replace Atkins and used guests who didn't ride for the junior side before signed him. Leicester using Edwards predominantly to replace Rowe rather than promote a cub.

Begs the question what's the point?

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 3

Very strange that Glasgow getting involved in the visa process. Lining him up for next season maybe.

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Very strange that Glasgow getting involved in the visa process. Lining him up for next season maybe.

Maybe we have influence 

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I expect it's more to do with advice as we went through it signing nowak last season. But if another basso style opportunity arises then why should we say no :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Glasgow do like stealing riders from other teams! ;):P

Makes the restaged meeting between Poole and Berwick more interesting, although i'm assuming Ty was still at reserve and thinking he would have got at least 6, definitely knows how to ride the track.

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I expect it's more to do with advice as we went through it signing nowak last season. But if another basso style opportunity arises then why should we say no :rofl:

Revenge for us stealing Bellego all those years ago if this works out I suppose :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

They've got the licences: Glasgow apparently helped Birmingham sign Justin Sedgmen.

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge only Oxford used their own CL rider to replace a 6/7 who was injured so far this season even as a guest for those clubs with NDL sides. 

Edinburgh never used an armadale rider to replace sarj. Berwick have signed stoneman over one of their sides.  Plymouth signed Morley over one of their riders to replace Atkins and used guests who didn't ride for the junior side before signed Morley. Leicester using Edwards predominantly to replace Rowe rather than promote a cub.

Probably back to the issue of too big a gap between NDL and CL due to premiership riders doubling up.  Seems to me not many of top NDL riders are able to successfully make the step up and then establish themselves in CL.

Management likely reluctant to take that chance when they feel they have an alternative choice from elsewhere who they have more confidence in delivering points.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Edinburgh never used an armadale rider to replace sarj. Berwick have signed stoneman over one of their sides.  Plymouth signed Morley over one of their riders to replace Atkins and used guests who didn't ride for the junior side before signed Morley. Leicester using Edwards predominantly to replace Rowe rather than promote a cub.

Just to correct this Morley hasn't replaced Atkins,  he has replaced the injured Dan Gilkes. Harry Mcgurk has replaced Atkins. 

1 minute ago, Bendonebunching said:

Just to correct this Morley hasn't replaced Atkins,  he has replaced the injured Dan Gilkes. Harry Mcgurk has replaced Atkins. 

Yup sorry my bad, confused the 2 situations :t:

21 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Leicester benefiting from using Edwards as a guest. No disrespect but I don't think Coles would have scored 11+2 last week at Berwick

• Like 1