Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

9 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Got to say and I may be biased but the promotion have a well oiled machine working at home meetings. More bums on seats and some cracking entertainment. Getting youngsters on the road to senior level has seen some great NDL meetings also. Long may it continue and I think without injuries this year we would possibly not lost a home meeting. 

Without injuries especially Jye's we would be 9pts better off but these things happen

11 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Got to say and I may be biased but the promotion have a well oiled machine working at home meetings. More bums on seats and some cracking entertainment. Getting youngsters on the road to senior level has seen some great NDL meetings also. Long may it continue and I think without injuries this year we would possibly not lost a home meeting. 

If could've motivated spud into a final year with his head in the game over proctor would've been some side 

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If could've motivated spud into a final year with his head in the game over proctor would've been some side 

Very good point by the way. Decent signing for Oxford if he hits the ground running

3 hours ago, Fina said:

I was not watching speedway regularly at that time, but I have chatted to a few people who mentioned this & cant help wondering if getting out gated and having to scrap through from the back is what made the difference, was good for Bewley as it taught him to fight for the wins and not give up.

In my opinion being quick off the line and winning from the front a lot is not always the best training for young racers in any form of motorsport. 

There is a definite shout for "sink or swim" to be the mantra..

Keeping dropping back into the NDL and scoring maximums doesnt give you any perspective of where you really are..

Jack Smith is another who scores big around the NSS in the NDL, but is still miles and miles away from becoming even a 2nd Div reserve rider. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Keeping dropping back into the NDL and scoring maximums doesnt give you any perspective of where you really are..

Jack Smith is another who scores big around the NSS in the NDL, but is still miles and miles away from becoming even a 2nd Div reserve rider. 

Interesting what kind of money they pick up in NDL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Berwick have as much chance of making the playoffs as you or me winning the lottery only the cup left.

Forgot they were still in the Cup tbh, if Knudsen is a good as Basso, will make them a strong team.

4 hours ago, Chris116 said:

This may have been answered already but given that Berwick have changed two riders does this count as one change or two under the rules?

Doesn't matter, you can make as many changes as you like in the Champ!

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Forgot they were still in the Cup tbh, if Knudsen is a good as Basso, will make them a strong team.

If he is as good as Basso I hope he is riding in Denmark when Berwick are at Poole. Seeing as it's on a Weds I'm assuming!

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Keeping dropping back into the NDL and scoring maximums doesn't give you any perspective of where you really are..

That's why I don't know how dropping back to just NL will help Bickley's confidence. We already know he's a 9.5 NL rider & a 3.5 Champ rider.

If Bickley drops to NL & keeps scoring to his 9.5 ave, what will have changed? How will that help his confidence? He already knows he's a NL heat leader! How will he know when to step back up?

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If he is as good as Basso I hope he is riding in Denmark when Berwick are at Poole. Seeing as it's on a Weds I'm assuming!

There is a complete set of Danish fixtures on 29 June.

However a true speedway supporter would be keen to see a promising star every bit as good as Basso.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

There is a complete set of Danish fixtures on 29 June.

However a true speedway supporter would be keen to see a promising star every bit as good as Basso.

His scores in Denmark not yet up with Basso's but definitely good prospect. Getting in at reserve a huge bonus. Just a constant production line over there, surely we could learn something? Maybe 5 rider teams way forward too?

It's interesting Berwick publicly thank Glasgow in obtaining a visa for the young Dane.

I'd like to think that is because the Bandits spotted him first and Glasgow are being honourable because there will be a few Tigers' fans like myself wondering if we've let a good rider slip our grasp when arguably we could be in need of changes ourself?

57 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

That's why I don't know how dropping back to just NL will help Bickley's confidence. We already know he's a 9.5 NL rider & a 3.5 Champ rider.

If Bickley drops to NL & keeps scoring to his 9.5 ave, what will have changed? How will that help his confidence? He already knows he's a NL heat leader! How will he know when to step back up?

I cant see dropping back to just NDL helping, unless it either gives Kyle more time to focus on Torun and improve his performance there so he gets regular U24 rides.

The alternative is will another Championship team offer a place & a change of team mates / home track at championship level give him a boost.  As Berwick have signed Stoneman who is with Oxford at NDL I assume nothing to stop Kyle racing for bullets and a different Championship team

45 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

It's interesting Berwick publicly thank Glasgow in obtaining a visa for the young Dane.

I'd like to think that is because the Bandits spotted him first and Glasgow are being honourable because there will be a few Tigers' fans like myself wondering if we've let a good rider slip our grasp when arguably we could be in need of changes ourself?

Maybe he has signed for Glasgow and then  going on loan to Berwick pretty sure belle vue did it with the lad from Birmingham .He was in the pits  with Ben Basso yesterday 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That makes me think, give him a shot before he's too old!

He’s not 16 yet ;)