British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

10 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Vargarna's #7 might be a name for the future?

If that`s the same Benny Johansson, then some Berwick fans are still getting therapy from his one and only meeting for the club.

Instantly forgettable.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, screm said:

If that`s the same Benny Johansson, then some Berwick fans are still getting therapy from his one and only meeting for the club.

Instantly forgettable.

Well, as so many people claim "there are no riders available" -- fans of Berwick, Oxford and Birmingham need not react, their clubs have proved there are -- when I see the great Benny J still doing what he does best (nul points!) for Vargana this week, maybe some of the clubs who need riders should check him out?

Can't agree he's "instantly forgettable" by the way.   No-one at Shielfield will ever forget Benny!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Well, as so many people claim "there are no riders available" -- fans of Berwick, Oxford and Birmingham need not react, their clubs have proved there are -- when I see the great Benny J still doing what he does best (nul points!) for Vargana this week, maybe some of the clubs who need riders should check him out?

Can't agree he's "instantly forgettable" by the way.   No-one at Shielfield will ever forget Benny!

Leon didn’t exactly “set the world on fire” in his debut.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Ha when you said Leon I immediately thought of a young Dane who was signed by The Tigers but the meetings he was due to debut at Hull (cancelled because equipment had been removed and led to Hull's closure) and then next meetings were rained off.

His father then decided the UK was not for him as he, allegedly,  didn't fancy the standard of facilities or tracks.

He may were well have a World Champion by now if he learned a bit of Ashfield track craft lol

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Hopefully he gets what needs changing changed and can do better in his next fixture. You wonder if it would do Leon better if he made himself available for the Polish Under-24 league, he has flirted with Poland with ROW Rybnik in the past.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, screm said:

Hopefully he gets what needs changing changed and can do better in his next fixture. You wonder if it would do Leon better if he made himself available for the Polish Under-24 league, he has flirted with Poland with ROW Rybnik in the past.

Leon has already stated that he needs an operation to sort out his shoulder at the end of the season.Why is he taking on extra fixtures.Though his connection with Rybnik would have got him in.If he wanted a place.

28 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Ha when you said Leon I immediately thought of a young Dane who was signed by The Tigers but the meetings he was due to debut at Hull (cancelled because equipment had been removed and led to Hull's closure) and then next meetings were rained off.

His father then decided the UK was not for him as he, allegedly,  didn't fancy the standard of facilities or tracks.

He may were well have a World Champion by now if he learned a bit of Ashfield track craft lol

I remember telling some older Glasgow fans the Madsen was Tiger.(on paper)

3 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Isn't the story that they allegedly went to Armadale to pick up his riding jacket, saw what a dump it was, and had second thoughts? 

Whenever he lines up at the GP I boo him :blink:

Edited by Joseq7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Ah yes the Box which had all the electrics in was removed and then it Miraculously appeared at Scunthorpe Speedway as the referee's box 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Isn't the story that they allegedly went to Armadale to pick up his riding jacket, saw what a dump it was, and had second thoughts? 

Yes but I didn't want to public name (or shame) our rivals track.

The Olympic Park toilets did make a difference though

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

No that was the American can’t remember nis name but went back to the states and joined a rock band

::Eric Carillo::

Edited by mac101

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

No that was the American can’t remember nis name but went back to the states and joined a rock band

::Eric Carillo::

Hmm..... I don't think it was, but if you're right I'll bow to your better memory. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/motor-sports/motorbikes-leon-leaves-tigers-in-lurch-930407

Edited by Joseq7

Don't blame Madsen really. A big meeting is never going to be held at Armadale or Brough Park. Moreover he hasn't done badly giving the UK a wide berth since then.

With more purpose built tracks in Britain being built I think this could be very good for the longevity of the Sport in the UK. 

That being said I saw a very good meeting at Leicester last week. Not a place synonymous with good/great races previously.