Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

1 minute ago, B.V 72 said:

Sorry stats don't lie home meetings only. For most of the season they rode together at number 1 and number 2 so they had plenty of races together 31 in total. Bewley won 28 of them Bickley 3 and 2 of those wins came in the play off final so late in the season and one of his wins was an awarded race when Bewley fell while leading. Bickley stayed at number 2 all that season so never reached heat leader status in the season they rode together.

Sorry enjoy the stats side of the sport and not long retired so plenty of time on my hands lol. 

I had a look yesterday too, as presumed my memory of them racing together a lot was playing tricks..

And he did get a fair few bonus points...

Averaged over 8 at home with them..

Not bad for a first year...

With most of those bonus points behind Dan I presume...?;)

Stats eh? :D

I am still surprised how close they were then to how far apart they are today... 

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I had a look yesterday too, as presumed my memory of them racing together a lot was playing tricks..

And he did get a fair few bonus points...

Averaged over 8 at home with them..

Not bad for a first year...

With most of those bonus points behind Dan I presume...?;)

Stats eh? :D

I am still surprised how close they were then to how far apart they are today... 

Yep the following season he and Jack Smith went head to head for the number one spot with Smith just pipping him for the number one spot. At the time i thought both of them  had a great future but it would seem they both went down the same path and sadly never seemed to kick on to the next level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Yep the following season he and Jack Smith went head to head for the number one spot with Smith just pipping him for the number one spot. At the time i thought both of them  had a great future but it would seem they both went down the same path and sadly never seemed to kick on to the next level.

Got to wonder if Dan changing teams and getting the experience of riding different styles of track (Armadale, Ashfield and Derwent Park) paid dividends for him?

In saying that his attitude on and off track was certainly more professional and I'm afraid my abiding memory of Bickley will always be the video of him appearing to give an arrogant finger.

one of the main differences  is that Dan had steve lawson coaching him from day one Dan was a champion  mx rider so new how to ride a bike fast with the top mx riders and most riders that move from mx are pretty decent anyway but when you have someone of steve’s calibre coaching you right away your going to be good but riders like dan are one in a million if you follow him on social media he rides every 2 wheeled machine out there mx trails flat track even rides a unicycle heard he is now taking golf up lol 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mac101 said:

one of the main differences  is that Dan had steve lawson coaching him from day one Dan was a champion  mx rider so new how to ride a bike fast with the top mx riders and most riders that move from mx are pretty decent anyway but when you have someone of steve’s calibre coaching you right away your going to be good but riders like dan are one in a million if you follow him on social media he rides every 2 wheeled machine out there mx trails flat track even rides a unicycle heard he is now taking golf up lol 

If he takes up  golf will end up at Ipswich :D

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Normski said:

If he takes up  golf will end up at Ipswich :D

There's more than a few tracks got 18 holes and their share of sand

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sad news about Newcastle hope Kyle gets another club.

3 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

Thought Monarchs might have come in for him for Sarjeant who injured 

Was thinking clegg/ stormy and bickley for lasse and sarj but not sure of the averages 

27 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

Thought Monarchs might have come in for him for Sarjeant who injured 

When is Sarj due back.

24 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

When is Sarj due back.

Not sure   had thought I heard it might be long term

Spud on fire tonight at Oxford 

On 6/21/2022 at 6:54 PM, Spittaler said:

Not sure   had thought I heard it might be long term

Next couple of weeks they’ll be back if all goes well.

13 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Next couple of weeks they’ll be back if all goes well.

Isn't Sarj back on Friday?   (Edit:  No he isn't, despite being named in originally-submitted Monarchs' line-up)

Also, Ricky Wells will be doing his Scott Nicholls impersonation at #1 for Oxford tomorrow.

Edited by crescent girl