British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

4 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

Love to see Tommy back . You missed out Doolan By the way

So I did,not without a shout.:P

On 2/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

6 man team this year???

That's why Berwick ran a meeting with two six man teams last year (to give them practice this year).

The rider takes the points left so being second in the averages means everyone will be eligible to take a ride. This method was shown to work last year by Peterborough so Berwick are trying the same this year.

• Haha 1

If Ty can get his racing head back on Berwick have a decent team that can push for the play offs, Ty has lost his way over the past few years and if he can get his love for the sport back he may well score well.

Well see.

20 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well I see it’s been revealed…

Ty Proctor

Oh dear oh dear, so close to having a good team, why would you go for him, I’d of preferred Gappmaier to him!

No doubting that Proctor has pedigree and if he can recapture previous form could be a top signing BUT recent showings have been dire and likely to get more points from the reserves taking his replacement rides. I guess providing he starts the season guests and R/R can be utilised if it goes wrong (again)

33 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well I see it’s been revealed…

Ty Proctor

Oh dear oh dear, so close to having a good team, why would you go for him, I’d of preferred Gappmaier to him!

Just give him a chance! I’m willing to and I think I’m one of the most judgmental Berwick fans there is…and I realise his form last season was not good at all… but don’t forget his form prior to that… 

If he can hit anything like that then it’s us laughing! He won’t have the pressure on him of what was expected at Leicester! 

Strange one, on his early Redcar days certainly would be a good signing. But don't think he showed any greater progress in some late season outings. No doubt get a spell at reserve after 1st set of averages might reignite him. 

Rather underwhelming on the face of it but this could be the move he needs to get back to something like the form he showed pre pandemic. If it's the Lynn/Leicester form of last year he won't be there long though.

Hopefully for him and Berwick it works out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Rather underwhelming on the face of it but this could be the move he needs to get back to something like the form he showed pre pandemic. If it's the Lynn/Leicester form of last year he won't be there long though.

Seen him swamped so many times going down the back straight at King's Lynn. Nose in front out of turn 2 but nowhere by the time one circuit done.

30 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Totally agree with that comment, Proctor has been going downhill for a couple of years now. I can only assume they had someone else in mind but got turned down.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not many seen that signing coming.IMO.

Something in me pinged when weeks and weeks ago (can’t remember when in all honesty) but I’d seen Proctor had been at Duns! 

People should underestimate this team at their peril.. Proctor may be seen as the “weak link” but one weak rider does not make a bad team! 

• Like 1